Microsoft says that a report that it sold only 244 copies of Vista in China in the first two weeks is just plain wrong, the Softies say. "Recent speculation regarding sales data in China is inaccurate," Microsoft said in response to an inquiry from CNET News.com. "We're pleased with the positive consumer response we've seen around the globe to the security and usability enhancements in Windows Vista--and China is no exception." Microsoft wouldn't totally clear things up by saying just how many copies it has sold in China, but it did say the first month's sales of boxed Vista copies in China were double those XP had in its first month.
- SourceForge grabs GIMP for Windows’ account, wraps installer in bundle-pushing adware in Back Page News
- It’s about time: Google vows to fix the worst thing about its Chrome browser in Back Page News
- Apple drops discoveryd in latest OS X beta following months of network issues in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Paris: Phone porn fears after pupils fondle girls in Real World News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Win with NeoWin... Hello! in Introduce Yourself
- White Cop Acquitted of Killing 2 Unarmed Black People in Real World News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.