Microsoft says that a report that it sold only 244 copies of Vista in China in the first two weeks is just plain wrong, the Softies say. "Recent speculation regarding sales data in China is inaccurate," Microsoft said in response to an inquiry from CNET News.com. "We're pleased with the positive consumer response we've seen around the globe to the security and usability enhancements in Windows Vista--and China is no exception." Microsoft wouldn't totally clear things up by saying just how many copies it has sold in China, but it did say the first month's sales of boxed Vista copies in China were double those XP had in its first month.
- Sony unlocks seventh CPU core on PlayStation 4 in Front Page News
- Fallout 4 in Gamers Hangout
- Editorial: It's time to stop making excuses for Microsoft's mobile efforts in Front Page News
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers Hangout
- Call of Duty Black Ops III wont start - so glad I spent $50 on an icon. in Computer Gaming
- Windows 7 and XP are the biggest losers with Windows 10's rapid growth - US Government in Front Page News
- Official Religion Thread III in Real World Issues
- Pre-orders for Japan's NuAns NEO with Windows 10 Mobile are now open in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.