The cheap Venturer HD DVD rumours have finally turned to rock solid fact. It may not cost $98.87 but, on the other hand, it does not appear to be a limited time offer. The largest grocery retailer in the United States has yet again showed that it is more than happy to fuel the HD war by beating competitor's prices. It may not carry the Toshiba brand, but the $197.88 Venturer SHD7000 is in stock and ready to go. Many have emphasized that $200 is the magic number for the holidays. For Toshiba's sake, I hope that's true. These additional players may finally get those HD DVD movie sales numbers up. Then again, this is a US-only deal, and HD DVD really needs help in Japan and Europe. It will be quite interesting to see what Toshiba will offer those regions during these holidays and how Sony will respond.
- Water Cooling: Is it for everyone? in Hardware Hangout
- Final member of hacking group found guilty for data theft that involved Microsoft and others in Front Page News
- Laptop takes too long to POST. in Hardware Hangout
- All The Nintendo Direct News In One Place in Nintendo Console
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons in Real World Issues
- Indiana pizzeria swarmed with negative Yelp reviews after saying it won't cater gay weddings in Real World Issues
- Requesting assistance for backup software in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.