The cheap Venturer HD DVD rumours have finally turned to rock solid fact. It may not cost $98.87 but, on the other hand, it does not appear to be a limited time offer. The largest grocery retailer in the United States has yet again showed that it is more than happy to fuel the HD war by beating competitor's prices. It may not carry the Toshiba brand, but the $197.88 Venturer SHD7000 is in stock and ready to go. Many have emphasized that $200 is the magic number for the holidays. For Toshiba's sake, I hope that's true. These additional players may finally get those HD DVD movie sales numbers up. Then again, this is a US-only deal, and HD DVD really needs help in Japan and Europe. It will be quite interesting to see what Toshiba will offer those regions during these holidays and how Sony will respond.
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- What does everyone think of the new IE now Microsoft Edge? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Interference, Maybe? in Hardware Hangout
- Back in windows app in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Odd noises when steering car and stopping in The Neobahn
- Project Cars for WII U axed in Nintendo Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.