The cheap Venturer HD DVD rumours have finally turned to rock solid fact. It may not cost $98.87 but, on the other hand, it does not appear to be a limited time offer. The largest grocery retailer in the United States has yet again showed that it is more than happy to fuel the HD war by beating competitor's prices. It may not carry the Toshiba brand, but the $197.88 Venturer SHD7000 is in stock and ready to go. Many have emphasized that $200 is the magic number for the holidays. For Toshiba's sake, I hope that's true. These additional players may finally get those HD DVD movie sales numbers up. Then again, this is a US-only deal, and HD DVD really needs help in Japan and Europe. It will be quite interesting to see what Toshiba will offer those regions during these holidays and how Sony will respond.
- Good SSL Certificate for a reasonable price? in Internet, Network & Security
- Africentric school enrols 56 students for September in Real World News
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- Any issues buying used Wii U games/consoles? in Nintendo Console
- Server Admins: What does it take to be one? in General Discussion
- Mac OS X Desktops: 2Q 2015 in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Have you been satisfied with the PS4's game library since launch? in Sony Console
- PeaZip 5.6.0 in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.