The cheap Venturer HD DVD rumours have finally turned to rock solid fact. It may not cost $98.87 but, on the other hand, it does not appear to be a limited time offer. The largest grocery retailer in the United States has yet again showed that it is more than happy to fuel the HD war by beating competitor's prices. It may not carry the Toshiba brand, but the $197.88 Venturer SHD7000 is in stock and ready to go. Many have emphasized that $200 is the magic number for the holidays. For Toshiba's sake, I hope that's true. These additional players may finally get those HD DVD movie sales numbers up. Then again, this is a US-only deal, and HD DVD really needs help in Japan and Europe. It will be quite interesting to see what Toshiba will offer those regions during these holidays and how Sony will respond.
- Fable Legends may be free to play... in Microsoft Console
- Video Game programming research topic in Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc.)
- Hyper-V and backups in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 on a USB flash drive? in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- IRS watchdog reveals Lois Lerner missing emails now subject of criminal probe in Domestic Politics
- Waterfox 36 is fast and different in Software Discussion & Support
- Reminder: tonight is your last night to get your free Latios or Latias in Pokémon ORAS in Nintendo Console
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection in Microsoft Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.