The cheap Venturer HD DVD rumours have finally turned to rock solid fact. It may not cost $98.87 but, on the other hand, it does not appear to be a limited time offer. The largest grocery retailer in the United States has yet again showed that it is more than happy to fuel the HD war by beating competitor's prices. It may not carry the Toshiba brand, but the $197.88 Venturer SHD7000 is in stock and ready to go. Many have emphasized that $200 is the magic number for the holidays. For Toshiba's sake, I hope that's true. These additional players may finally get those HD DVD movie sales numbers up. Then again, this is a US-only deal, and HD DVD really needs help in Japan and Europe. It will be quite interesting to see what Toshiba will offer those regions during these holidays and how Sony will respond.
- Uber loses initial court battle, California class-action incoming in Front Page News
- Official Climate Change/Global Warming Thread in Real World Issues
- (French tourist) Natalie Amyot who fell pregnant releases Youtube video to find baby's father in Real World News
- Nextbit announces 'Robin', a $300 cloud-first Android smartphone in Front Page News
- Star Wars Battlefront beta coming next month in Front Page News
- Metal Gear Solid V: Gamescom Gameplay Demo in Gamers Hangout
- Lumia 950 branding set for new Microsoft smartphones, reputable leaker says in Front Page News
- Google unveils its new corporate logo in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.