Webroot Desktop Firewall is an easy-to-use, two-way, "smart" firewall which protects you against identity and data theft, hackers, and other unauthorized access to your PC.
A computer without a firewall is easy prey for hackers, worms, remote access Trojans and other online threats. Anti-spyware and virus protection are only a part of any security solution. A firewall is a critical component, and Webroot Desktop Firewall secures your computer from Internet threats and reduces the risks of being a victim of online crimes. Unlike the Windows XP and Vista Firewall, Webroot Desktop Firewall combines intelligent firewall technology with intrusion prevention for inbound and outbound protection that is both powerful and easy to use.
Designed for novices and experts alike, Webroot Desktop Firewall is the gatekeeper to your PC.
* Monitors Internet traffic in and out of your PC for better protection
* Makes your PC invisible to online scammers looking for easy targets
* Prevents remote access Trojans from hijacking your PC
What's New in Version 5.5
* New intelligent, "learning" firewall. It "watches" what you do; then learns from your activity to only interrupt you for abnormal activity.
* Windows Vista Compatible. Version 5.5 provides superior protection to the basic firewall features found in Windows XP and Vista, and will not cause conflicts with those features.
* Stronger multi-layer intrusion prevention. Its multiple layers of security include desktop firewall, port manager, URL filter, process monitor, and application/system anomaly detection.
See Features page for full details.
Minimum System Requirements
Windows XP or Vista
266 Mhz processor
5 MB hard drive space
8 MB RAM