Overclockers and gamers, prepare to meet your next hard drive: the 300GB VelociRaptor from Western Digital. Said to be 35% faster than previous WD Raptors, the 10,000 RPM drive features a 3Gbps SATA interface, 16MB cache, and impressive 1.4 million hour MTBF thanks in part to the IcePack Mounting Frame. The IcePack heat sink not only keeps the drive spinning extra cool, it also bumps the 2.5-inch HDD to a required 3.5-inch drive bay. Available exclusively on Alienware's ALX gaming desktop this month and then up for grabs for everybody with $300 to burn starting mid-May.
- Is Microsoft ignoring the desktop again? in Microsoft Beta
- Valve unveils Source 2 Engine at GDC 2015 in Gamers' Hangout
- SpaceX Updates (Thread 5) in Science Discussion & News
- need to buy a mouse...now! in Hardware Hangout
- so why with modern system legacy dos boot menu is slow. in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Anyone thinking of getting Sky TV in the UK? in General Discussion
- ULA still wants to use the RD-180 engine (and wants the import ban relaxed) in Science Discussion & News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.