If you’ve visited the Microsoft Download Center in the last month or so, you’ve probably been prompted with a pop-up asking you to try the Silverlight version of the site. Currently in beta, the new version of the MDC is meant to improve the user experience. Even if Silverlight has hit version 1.0, there is still no Linux, no Opera and no x64 support, which definitely hinders on who can visit the site. It is currently unclear whether Microsoft will completely replace the current site with the Silverlight version, but if that were to happen, it definitely would not be soon. Here’s a detailed article about what Qixing Zheng, from Microsoft Canada, believes Silverlight can do for the Microsoft Download Center.
- OneDrive beta update for Android adds Wear watchface and PDF viewer in Front Page News
- Russian Proton-M launch: FAILURE in Science Discussion & News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- What do you call a car with blind spots driven by a deaf woman? in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Neowin.net Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
- Neowin Members Digital Gallery 2015 in Digital Camera Lab
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.