If you’ve visited the Microsoft Download Center in the last month or so, you’ve probably been prompted with a pop-up asking you to try the Silverlight version of the site. Currently in beta, the new version of the MDC is meant to improve the user experience. Even if Silverlight has hit version 1.0, there is still no Linux, no Opera and no x64 support, which definitely hinders on who can visit the site. It is currently unclear whether Microsoft will completely replace the current site with the Silverlight version, but if that were to happen, it definitely would not be soon. Here’s a detailed article about what Qixing Zheng, from Microsoft Canada, believes Silverlight can do for the Microsoft Download Center.
- uTorrent client is stealing your CPU cycles to mine Bitcoins in Back Page News
- Official Opera Weekly Builds Thread in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- need to buy a mouse...now! in Hardware Hangout
- Happy Birthday Denis! in Site Announcements
- Bloodborne in Sony Console
- First Home Theatre setup Help in Home Theatre Discussion
- Zombie Army Trilogy in Sony Console
- Just got a Surface Pro 3. Tips & Suggestions? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.