If you’ve visited the Microsoft Download Center in the last month or so, you’ve probably been prompted with a pop-up asking you to try the Silverlight version of the site. Currently in beta, the new version of the MDC is meant to improve the user experience. Even if Silverlight has hit version 1.0, there is still no Linux, no Opera and no x64 support, which definitely hinders on who can visit the site. It is currently unclear whether Microsoft will completely replace the current site with the Silverlight version, but if that were to happen, it definitely would not be soon. Here’s a detailed article about what Qixing Zheng, from Microsoft Canada, believes Silverlight can do for the Microsoft Download Center.
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- AOMEI PXE Boot Tool in Software Discussion & Support
- Share your custom Firefox/Minefield 4 stylish scripts in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Halo: MCC players to get free month XBL Gold, ODST Campaign, H2:A content in Microsoft Console
- French barman guilty over 56 shots that killed customer in Real World News
- 4K monitor first try in Hardware Hangout
- F Google Wallet ! in General Discussion
- AdBlock Plus secures another court victory in Germany in Back Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.