If you’ve visited the Microsoft Download Center in the last month or so, you’ve probably been prompted with a pop-up asking you to try the Silverlight version of the site. Currently in beta, the new version of the MDC is meant to improve the user experience. Even if Silverlight has hit version 1.0, there is still no Linux, no Opera and no x64 support, which definitely hinders on who can visit the site. It is currently unclear whether Microsoft will completely replace the current site with the Silverlight version, but if that were to happen, it definitely would not be soon. Here’s a detailed article about what Qixing Zheng, from Microsoft Canada, believes Silverlight can do for the Microsoft Download Center.
- Windows 9 and Windows 365 expected to See The Light Of Day in Microsoft Beta
- Xbox Games with Gold: September 2014 in Microsoft Console
- My wishlist for Threshold - and it's nothing big in Microsoft Beta
- Madden NFL 15 won't be playable early unless you pay for EA Access in Microsoft Console
- Killer Instinct in Microsoft Console
- Feedback on new design in Site & Forum Issues
- Need help with RegEx in Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc.)
- Titanfall in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.