If you’ve visited the Microsoft Download Center in the last month or so, you’ve probably been prompted with a pop-up asking you to try the Silverlight version of the site. Currently in beta, the new version of the MDC is meant to improve the user experience. Even if Silverlight has hit version 1.0, there is still no Linux, no Opera and no x64 support, which definitely hinders on who can visit the site. It is currently unclear whether Microsoft will completely replace the current site with the Silverlight version, but if that were to happen, it definitely would not be soon. Here’s a detailed article about what Qixing Zheng, from Microsoft Canada, believes Silverlight can do for the Microsoft Download Center.
- Windows 10 for Phone good direction? in Windows Phone
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- Some users are experiencing issues activating the latest builds of Windows 10 in Front Page News
- Done with Facebook in General Discussion
- Extending WiFi signal in Internet, Network & Security
- Best Windows Phone? in Windows Phone
- New music app: am I missing something? in iPhone/iOS
- Official: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Issues in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.