If you’ve visited the Microsoft Download Center in the last month or so, you’ve probably been prompted with a pop-up asking you to try the Silverlight version of the site. Currently in beta, the new version of the MDC is meant to improve the user experience. Even if Silverlight has hit version 1.0, there is still no Linux, no Opera and no x64 support, which definitely hinders on who can visit the site. It is currently unclear whether Microsoft will completely replace the current site with the Silverlight version, but if that were to happen, it definitely would not be soon. Here’s a detailed article about what Qixing Zheng, from Microsoft Canada, believes Silverlight can do for the Microsoft Download Center.
- Seagate harddrive in Hardware Hangout
- Background Clipboard Manager in Software Discussion & Support
- Journalistic Integrity in the gaming press is shot in It's a Conspiracy!
- Hot Shots Golf (Everybody's Golf) Heading To PlayStation 4 in Sony Console
- Windows 9 and Windows 365 expected to See The Light Of Day in Microsoft Beta
- Persona 5 announced for PS3 and PS4, Coming 2015 in Sony Console
- Can't install Windows 8.1 on slow connection in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Bloodborne (From Software / Sony Japan Studio, PS4) in Sony Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.