If you’ve visited the Microsoft Download Center in the last month or so, you’ve probably been prompted with a pop-up asking you to try the Silverlight version of the site. Currently in beta, the new version of the MDC is meant to improve the user experience. Even if Silverlight has hit version 1.0, there is still no Linux, no Opera and no x64 support, which definitely hinders on who can visit the site. It is currently unclear whether Microsoft will completely replace the current site with the Silverlight version, but if that were to happen, it definitely would not be soon. Here’s a detailed article about what Qixing Zheng, from Microsoft Canada, believes Silverlight can do for the Microsoft Download Center.
- Windows 10 TP updates in Microsoft Beta
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Microsoft Office Word 2013 text selection color issue in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Help with hyperlinks on my pages, please? in Web Design / Programming
- This ain't yo mama's surge protector in General Discussion
- Hackintosh Help in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Tell me why you think Firefox is better. in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Remote Desktop Connection - Safe behind an up to date router for LAN access? in Internet, Network & Security
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.