If you’ve visited the Microsoft Download Center in the last month or so, you’ve probably been prompted with a pop-up asking you to try the Silverlight version of the site. Currently in beta, the new version of the MDC is meant to improve the user experience. Even if Silverlight has hit version 1.0, there is still no Linux, no Opera and no x64 support, which definitely hinders on who can visit the site. It is currently unclear whether Microsoft will completely replace the current site with the Silverlight version, but if that were to happen, it definitely would not be soon. Here’s a detailed article about what Qixing Zheng, from Microsoft Canada, believes Silverlight can do for the Microsoft Download Center.
- Woman says boy, girl killed to stop abuse in Real World News
- A Hidden Message in Apple’s Terms and Conditions in Real World News
- VM Host in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- [Q] Can I edit ISO files like a document? in Software Discussion & Support
- Want Periscope on Windows Phone? Meet Telescope, a third party alternative in Front Page News
- Microsoft acquires another small startup in Front Page News
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- Need assistance on choosing a 27' Monitor in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.