Winaero ColorSync is very tiny application (441 kb) which is native and portable.
It will allow you:
- To use the Start screen background color as a color for the window border
- To use the window border as a color for the Start screen background.
This can be done automatically or manually. Get the solid and stylish UI in your Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.
Options and Features
- Run at startup - will run the application every time Windows starts.
- Hide tray icon - will hide the tray icon of application. The application will remember this setting and will not show the tray icon even you restart it. To make it shown again, run Winaero ColorSync twice.
- Start Screen -> Aero - makes the color sync use the Start Screen background as color source for window borders.
- Aero -> Start Screen - makes the color sync use the window border color as the color for the Start Screen background.
Note: the Start Screen background color is strictly limited to a hardcoded list of colors. This means, for example, if you set your window color to white, you will not be able to achieve white Start screen background. The application will calculate the nearest color in such case. Please keep this in mind before you will report a bug.
Winaero Colorsync in action: