Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamp's functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
What's new in this version:
- Improved: Added an up/down spinner control on the Playlist prefs page for adjusting the font size
- Improved: [in_mp3] Remember the position of the stream info dialog
- Improved: [gen_ff] Added a 125% scaling option (requires language pack updates)
- Improved: [ml_downloads] Added 'Size' column
- Improved: [ml_pmp] Added 'Date Added' column (mainly for Cloud functionality)
- Improved: [ml_wire] Added an 'Update All' item on the subscriptions node
- Fixed: Allow /unreg (uninstall) to work with expired beta builds
- Fixed: Length not being read when set to read titles on load (5.64-specific)
- Fixed: Possible crash issue on the Vis prefs page (based on crash reports)
- Fixed: [gen_ff/wasabi] Crashes from received crash reports (vis + playlist + script error related stuff)
- Fixed: [in_flac] Removal of embedded artwork
- Fixed: [in_mp3] Display issue with APEv2 tab
- Fixed: [in_wm] Crash when calculating mediahash for badly formed wma files
- Fixed: [in_wm] Potential crash when handling metadata
- Fixed: [ml_history] Database reset not working
- Fixed: [ml_local] Integer overflow issue from the realsize changes for upper panes (5.64-specific)
- Fixed: [ml_wire] Some display updates & sizing bar handling in Subscriptions view
- Fixed: [ml_cloud/pmp_cloud] Various bugs/issues from crash reports
- Fixed: [out_disk] Various reported localization issues
- Misc: New "Send feedback" url's
- Misc: Various other fixes, tweaks & optimizations
With Winamp Cloud, you can easily access all your music libraries wherever they are stored. Winamp Cloud will allow you to aggregate and manage your entire music library with our cloud service from the following sources: Winamp Media Player on PC, Mac (in development), Android and even add to your library directly from our new Cloud Player.