Stardock has released WindowBlinds 5 beta 2 this week. WindowBlinds 5 is designed to customize the look & feel of the Windows GUI. The new version has been completely re-architected to be significantly faster, have more features, and provide new effects for skinners.
Beta 2 includes a host of bug fixes, performance optimizations, and more. Here are some highlights:
- 64-bit Windows support
- Per-Pixel frame and title bar animation support (skinners can create some really cool animated title bars and borders now).
- New WindowBlinds config can switch back to Windows XP style
- Updated WindowBlinds config makes new options easier to see.
- Adobe CS2 support enhanced
- Fixed AdMuncher issue
- Toolbar skin installation improved
- Full screen background per pixel support for shutdown dialog.
- Lots of bugs fixed.
- New performance optimizations
The beta is currently only available for Object Desktop users (www.objectdesktop.com). WindowBlinds 5 should be publicly available before the end of the year.
Screenshot: DogmaX for WindowBlinds 5
Screenshot: WindowBlinds 5 with glass
Screenshot: WindowBlinds 5 feature screenshot