A lot of people assume that MinWin is a Microsoft effort to completely rewrite the Windows Kernel from scratch. That may be based on earlier (limited) explanations about what it does, or it may have a lot to do with people assuming, due to people's efforts with open source software, that rewriting the kernel will solve all of Windows problems. Well, Mark Russinovich, Microsoft Technical Fellow and guru of all things NT Kernel, attempts to set the record straight in a 45 minute video from Channel 9. Microsoft also explains that "it *is* indeed in Windows 7."
- Meet Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Is Windows 10 stable enough for a main OS? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- EA Shuts Down SimCity Developer Maxis in Gamers' Hangout
- Musashi, WW II Japanese warship, found 70 years after sinking in Science Discussion & News
- Elementary OS Choice in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- SSD questions. in Hardware Hangout
- I have the greatest wife ever in General Discussion
- New feature found - Geofencing! in Microsoft Beta
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.