A lot of people assume that MinWin is a Microsoft effort to completely rewrite the Windows Kernel from scratch. That may be based on earlier (limited) explanations about what it does, or it may have a lot to do with people assuming, due to people's efforts with open source software, that rewriting the kernel will solve all of Windows problems. Well, Mark Russinovich, Microsoft Technical Fellow and guru of all things NT Kernel, attempts to set the record straight in a 45 minute video from Channel 9. Microsoft also explains that "it *is* indeed in Windows 7."
- Feedback on new design in Site & Forum Issues
- Windows 9 and Windows 365 expected to See The Light Of Day in Microsoft Beta
- Buying a router in Hardware Hangout
- 99 cans of beer in a pack in Real World News
- Spider bite anyone? in General Discussion
- need help choosing a graphics card upgrade for my PC in Hardware Hangout
- Nintendo Unveils New 3DS in Nintendo Console
- Keeps blue screening all the time in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.