So far, in our Windows 7 Overview series, we have published the following:
- Windows 7 beta quick review
- Windows 7: Easy Connect
- Windows 7: Action Center Overview
- Windows 7: User Account Control (UAC) Overview
- Windows 7: Calibate Your Display
- Windows 7: Federated Search
- Windows 7: Device Stage
- Windows 7: Internet Explorer 8 Overview
Microsoft recently published a demonstration of Problem Steps Recorder (PSR) in action. PSR allows users to record their issues and provide help desk support agents or friends/family with the result. The result is a ZIP file with a MHTML report of the actions a user has taken. The report is basically an automated set of screenshots with documentation of the steps the user took. I made a quick demonstration of the feature earlier, you can find the ZIP here.
You can launch this new feature under the troubleshooting section in control panel or by searching for psr.exe in the start menu. Check out the video below for a full overview.