Tomorrow will be an exciting day for some people, who will finally have access to Windows 8 via MSDN & TechNet subscriptions. We've added in the release timeline as a reminder, because the release isn't limited to MSDN and TechNet subscribers, there are other ways to get it before the retail launch on October 26th.
- August 15th: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via your MSDN subscriptions.
- August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through your TechNet subscriptions.
- August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
- August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
- August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
- September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.
Are you one of the lucky ones with access tomorrow, or can you get it (legally) by other means before October 26th? Let us know in the comments.
Source & Image: Building Windows 8