Windows Firewall Notifier extends the default Windows embedded firewall behavior, allowing to handle outgoing connections, and displaying (almost) real-time information about the current connections. WFN requires Windows Vista or later (Windows 7, Windows 8).
Behavior - This application only uses existing Windows features, enabling some of them when first launched:
- Enables the Windows embedded firewall
- Sets the firewall to block both inbound and outbound connections for which no rule exists
- Enables the default Windows firewall inbound connection notification
- Enables the Windows firewall outbound connections logging (disabled by default)
- Creates a scheduled task linked to the Windows firewall event log entries, allowing Windows Firewall Notifier to be launched when needed only
What's new in this version:
- new layout and animations for the Notifier popup.
- modifications to allow using Windows's high contrast mode (and alike) for people suffering from eye disorders