We’ve had confirmation that Windows Phone 7 (WP7) is launching in the next two-three months, and every day we’re hearing rumors relating to the types of devices that we’re going to see and which manufacturing partners will be releasing these handsets at launch. Now, Neowin has been tipped off that Microsoft Australia will be holding a launch event for WP7 in late August, and presumably other Microsoft subsidiaries will be holding events at the same time. We’re trying to get official confirmation on this (and maybe invites), so until then it’s remaining in the rumor pile.
What we can tell you is that WP7 information, product shots, FCC/Wi-Fi/SIG filings are appearing all over the place. Here’s a quick roundup of some of the news that’s been floating around over the last few days:
- 6 August: ASUS Windows Phone 7 device (pocketnow.com)
The unnamed ASUS WP7 device. Image taken from a now deleted Twitter account.
Filings and certifications
- 6 August: Samsung "Cetus" FCC filing (Engadget)
- 6 August: HTC FCC filing (Engadget)
- 7 August: HTC Wi-Fi certifications for four WP7 devices (WMPoweruser.com)
- 6 August: Developers not happy about emulator and SDK limitations (WMExperts.com)
We’ll let you know as more news comes our way, but until then why not check out the latest videos of WP7 games in action over at YouTube?