WinRAR is a 32-bit Windows version of RAR Archiver, an archiver and archive manager. RAR files can usually compress content by 8 percent to 15 percent more than ZIP files can. WinRAR's main features include strong general and multimedia compression, the ability to process non-RAR archive formats, ZIP compression and decompression, support for long filenames, programmable self-extracting archives (SFX), repair of damaged archives, authenticity verification, embedded file comments, and encryption. Unicode is supported in archive filenames, allowing non-English filenames to be handled painlessly. You can manipulate the parameters of many archives at once and view a volume sequence as a single archive. WinRAR can convert other archive formats to RAR and search for specified text and files in archives.
New in WinRAR 3.71 beta 1
- Archive names in rar.log error log file always include the full path.
- WinRAR tray icon is compatible with high DPI display modes.
- If you modified a file in archive with encrypted names using an external editor, WinRAR will not ask for archive password again when prompting to update a file. It will use a password which you entered when opening an archive.
- switch -tl and "Set archive time to latest file time" option could fail in previous version. Sometimes they set archive time to current system time instead of latest file time.
- if -ag switch mask contained archive number, month and minute characters, WinRAR placed 'I' character instead of minute value into generated archive name for archive numbers exceeding 1.
- high ASCII names in ISO files using ISO 9660 format without Joliet format extension were displayed incorrectly;
- WinRAR could crash when decompressing some of corrupt RAR archives.
- if "Turn PC off when done" option was set in "Convert archives" command, WinRAR turned PC off after converting the first archive in selected group instead of after converting the entire group.
- if user specified a non-existent destination path in SFX archive in Vista, SFX could enter into infinite "create new SFX window" loop.
- WinRAR could fail to unpack an individual file from subfolder of ACE archive using the drag and drop.
Download: WinRAR 3.71 beta 1 shareware
Screenshot: >> Click here <<
Link: WinRAR Home Page