Microsoft's instant messaging network is rejecting existing users of Windows Live Messenger when they try to sign in with a .Mac e-mail address. "Because of a recent system update, you must change the email address that you use to sign in to Windows Live Messenger. Until you change your email address, you won't be able to use Windows Live Messenger," an error message explains. Microsoft explains the changes were required as a security measure because Office Live Communications Server 2005 SP1 enables messaging between the Windows Live Messenger Service and corporate IM systems. Some users have reported that the issue has been fixed, anyone still affected by the problem?
- Orbital Sciences Antares 200 launcher (updates) in Science Discussion News
- Looking to Upgrade my Late 2008 Nehalem System in Hardware Hangout
- Star Wars Battlefront open beta test kicks off today in Front Page News
- The point and shoot is back with 16 lenses: startup Light wants to make the DSLR obsolete in Front Page News
- The Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, Band 2, and new Lumias are now on display in Microsoft stores in Front Page News
- Miscellaneous Launches and Payloads (updates) in Science Discussion News
- Official Abortion Discussion Thread in Real World Issues
- Planned Parenthood gets $1M in ObamaCare grants in Domestic Politics
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.