The recent announcement of the Xbox 360 warranty in the United States and Canada changing from 90 days to one year from the date of purchase is now being coupled with additional service enhancements, including:
- Free Shipping: In the event your console needs to be returned for repairs, shipping costs will be covered by Microsoft, there and back.
- New Post-Service Warranty: If your Xbox 360 is repaired within the original warranty period, you will receive either the balance of your original warranty, or 90 days, whichever is longer. If the console is repaired after the warranty period has expired, while you will be responsible for the repair costs, your repaired console will be returned to you with a new, one year repair warranty.
- Return of Original Console: In either an in warranty or out of warranty situation, most customers will now receive their original console back from Microsoft.
- Faster Service: Upon receipt of the console, Microsoft will repair it and ship it to you within five business days.
- Enhanced Operations: The number of Xbox customer care representatives and supervisors has increased, "so our customers will begin to experience a noticeable improvement in the quality of the service they receive when they contact us. Xbox will be hiring a customer care champion who will be responsible for ensuring the end-to-end experience for all Xbox customers is first-class, evaluating and implementing new practices and policies to further enhance the Xbox customer experience."