Yahoo seems to be aiming its guns at Google again. Google added chat to Gmail a year ago, but according to Yahoo, the experience is not as integrated as the new Yahoo Mail chat functionality. Over the next few months, more and more Yahoo Mail users will be able to chat in real time through their e-mail program. Yahoo said in November that it would embed instant-messaging technology directly into its Yahoo Mail program so that users wouldn't need Yahoo Messenger or another IM service to chat with each other online. Check the link below (sorry for the small dimensions) for a glimpse of the new feature. I assure you the corny conversation example is completely unrelated to the level of intelligence Yahoo Mail developers have (or maybe that was c|net's people?).
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Ice bucket challenge claims its first victim in Real World News
- Police seize video gamer live on cam in Back Page News
- Will GTA V For PC Be ‘Cancelled’? in Gamers' Hangout
- Apple announces special event for Sept. 9 in Back Page News
- Tomatoes linked with fighting cancer in Science Discussion & News
- Israel caught using Palestinian teen as human shield. in Real World Issues
- Gov. Jerry Brown to Mexican Illegals: 'You're All Welcome in California' in Domestic Politics
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.