Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang will donate $75 million to Stanford University, the university from where he graduated and where he and a fellow student by the name of David Filo began working on a directory of Web sites that became one of the Internet's first big success stories. Stanford said $50 million of the donation will be used to cover the costs of a new environmental studies center scheduled to be completed in December, $5 million will help fund a 120,000-square-foot center for training doctors but it is unclear how the leftover $20 million will be used. At 38, Yang's stake in Yahoo is currently worth about $1.8 billion.
- Help with hyperlinks on my pages, please? in Web Design / Programming
- Hackintosh Help in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Windows 10 TP updates in Microsoft Beta
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Microsoft Office Word 2013 text selection color issue in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- This ain't yo mama's surge protector in General Discussion
- Tell me why you think Firefox is better. in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Remote Desktop Connection - Safe behind an up to date router for LAN access? in Internet, Network & Security
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.