Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang will donate $75 million to Stanford University, the university from where he graduated and where he and a fellow student by the name of David Filo began working on a directory of Web sites that became one of the Internet's first big success stories. Stanford said $50 million of the donation will be used to cover the costs of a new environmental studies center scheduled to be completed in December, $5 million will help fund a 120,000-square-foot center for training doctors but it is unclear how the leftover $20 million will be used. At 38, Yang's stake in Yahoo is currently worth about $1.8 billion.
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Bought new monitor - tower sometimes doesn't boot now in Hardware Hangout
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Interference, Maybe? in Hardware Hangout
- What does everyone think of the new IE now Microsoft Edge? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Does Burger King leave bad taste with the idea in Poll Station
- Get colored title bars in Windows 10 in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.