All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Mindovermaster

new pc or gpu?

I think he means SFF.. Small Form Factor.
  3. US Senate passes bill that could ban TikTok; President Biden willl sign it Wednesday by John Callaham The US Senate passed a bill package this evening that included one that could possibly lead to the ban of TikTok in the United States. CNBC reports that the final vote tally in the US Senate for the bill package was 79-18 in favor. One of the reasons why this bill was approved by the US Senate was that it was included in a package that was approved over the weekend by a vote of the US House of Representatives. That package also includes bills for the US to fund military aid to Israel, Taiwan, and Ukraine. There was a sense of urgency to send the package to the US Senate so that it could pass and then be signed into law by President Joe Biden so that the funding could begin ASAP. That bill signing event will officially happen on Wednesday, according to CNBC. Biden had already indicated earlier this year he would sign a similar TikTok bill into law if it reached his desk. Once President Biden does sign the bill into law, it states that the China-based parent company of TikTok, ByteDance, must sell off its interest in the social media service within 270 days. Biden can order a 90-day extension of that deadline if there is a feeling such a deal is close to becoming a reality. If it does not, the US could ban TikTok from US app stores. The reason for this bill in the first place is that there is a large number of US lawmakers who believe ByteDance could gather personal data from TikTok users and then send that information to the Chinese government. ByteDance has repeatedly stated this would not happen. CNBC reports that if the bill does become law, an internal memo from ByteDance stated the company would pursue a “legal challenge” against it. ByteDance has said in the past a ban on TikTok would violate its First Amendment rights for free speech. ByteDance has already filed a lawsuit against the US state of Montana for passing a similar law that would have banned TikTok from use in that state. Since that law was passed in mid-2023, a US judge has approved an injunction preventing Montana from enforcing it until a full trial can be held.
  4. Hello, Off the top of my head, I am thinking either a thermal or a power issue of some kind. The system specs in your signature mention a liquid cooler being used, so I am wondering if perhaps it is not connected to the CPU_FAN connector and the firmware update aborts because it thinks there is an overheat issue. Is there anything attached to the CPU_FAN connector on the motherboard? If not, does plugging a spare fan into it and then attempting to update the BIOS (UEFI) firmware work as expected? Regards, Aryeh Goretsky
  5. do you have any shady chinese "home theater" mini pc's or "game" systems? those things are notorious for having malware and trying to spread it... all those android boxes that come at a low cost from China seem to have something or other hiding in them... No. It's a work environment.
  6. goretsky

new pc or gpu?

Hello, I am not sure what an SSF is, but if your budget is tight, perhaps you could re-use the case that originally held the Intel i7-4790K-based system. I am not usually a fan of buying used computers, but the Acer model is several years newer than the Dell model. The Acer might be a better choice in terms of longevity (parts upgrades). Regards, Aryeh Goretsky
  7. They were already blocking install for these older CPUs. Literally nothing has changed from a supported aspect and CPUs missing it would run like complete #### on 11 anyway.
  8. Today
  9. the 3 dots will obfuscate the option to sign off... it's the obfuscation and how the floaty menus are that has a lag that will reduce productivity as well as some of the other moves MS has made w windows 11 like having to search for everything because many things are hidden, the os has slower performance than windows 10, and the center start menu blocks the screen. also much of the UI is locked down like a mobile UI so you can't move things around in the way you want. I dual boot this laptop w windows 11 and mint linux and I can barely stand windows 11.
  10. If you're worried about your job it's too late. It's an inevitable and inexorable consequence of every technological advancement throughout history. From the invention of the wheel making thousands of rope pullers redundant to the the humble fridge making hundreds of servants jobs moot. The answer is simple, learn to adapt and reskill, for every opportunity lost there is another to be made. After all humans are designed to be adaptable.
  11. very much so! and also decreases productivity, thus driving bosses to make BS changes that hurt employees more instead of blaming the software companies that make _____ changes adding one click to sign off from windows "decreases productivity"... wow... what the hell are you smoking?
  12. do you have any shady chinese "home theater" mini pc's or "game" systems? those things are notorious for having malware and trying to spread it... all those android boxes that come at a low cost from China seem to have something or other hiding in them...
  13. All I want is another iPhone Mini. Crazy to think that a 6.1-inch phone is now considered the low-end. Remember when the 4.7-inch HTC HD2/HD7/Titan were considered behemoths?
  14. Mindovermaster

new pc or gpu?

You said this before. We know. Secondly, please do not change the color or size. It's hurting my eyes.
  15. Nice story! How things change, right? This announcement helps the stock of both companies. KO moving to a leading world class cloud services platform + imbued with and leveraging the buzzword of the century (AI), and MSFT getting a massive contract with a world class client. It's all smiles.
  16. DUH! In China, your "social credit score" probably dictates you own a "home brand" device.
  17. Everyone complains of privacy. Well, the first time you installed any software, way before smartphones came along, YOU gave up your privacy the first time you clicked yes on the TOS banner. Yeah, China spies on users. And you don't think Apple, Samsung, Google, the U.S. government doesn't? I had 3 Huawei phones. Mate 2, 8, 9. All three were excellent phones. But when the U.S. government black listed them, the updates stopped, so I dumped it.
  18. Yesterday
  19. freakyfriday

new pc or gpu?

i only have the ssf now. and i tried playing cypherpunk 2.0 and far cry 6 and alan wake 2 and it was like 6 frames per second my I7 4790k died on me. power supply went and fried all the parts. so im using the ssf for now.
  20. It takes forever to get actual fixes but if it's Ad-related it gets pushed through to Live within, like, a week. 🙄
  21. Copernic

TeamViewer 15.53.6

TeamViewer 15.53.6 by Razvan Serea TeamViewer is the fast, simple and friendly solution for remote access over the Internet - all applications in one single, very affordable module. Remote control of computers over the Internet, Instantly take control over a computer anywhere on the Internet, even through firewalls. No installation required, just use it fast and secure. Training, sales and teamwork, TeamViewer can also be used to present your desktop to a partner on the Internet. Show and share your software, PowerPoint presentations etc. File transfer, chat and more, Share your files, chat, switch the direction during a teamwork session, and a lot more is included in TeamViewer. TeamViewer 15.53.6 new features: Device dock now supports Remote Terminal and VPN connect options. Improvements The default behavior for device dock filters has been updated. The "Groups" view is now default and "Show offline devices" is automatically selected. The "Remote Terminal" option can now be found under the connect menu. The "transfer files" option can now be found under the connect menu. It is now possible to view the device details of company devices. Any user changes in the width of the Groups or Device Groups side panel are now stored. Black screen indication has been improved. The user can now see more clearly if black screen is on or off. TeamViewer will now distinguish between roles assigned to the user directly and roles inherited from user groups. Only roles directly assigned to a user will be accessible for editing within the user edit window. Roles inherited from user groups are now displayed within the user details section. Bugfixes Minor fixes and Improvements. Download: TeamViewer 15.53.6 | 32-bit | Portable | Mac | ~70.0 MB (Free for personal use) View: TeamViewer Home Page | Release Notes Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  22. Mindovermaster

new pc or gpu?

Any reason why you keep changing your mind?
  23. freakyfriday

new pc or gpu?

Ryzen 3 3200gMSI motherboardCorsair 1200w power supply24gb DDR4 ram280.00will need to get a hard drive maybe a graphics card.
  1. Load more activity