All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This is stupid and essentially meaningless because any weirdo can just run stuff locally, so this "commitment" doesn't help protect anyone. How about Microsoft and google focus on job commitments and not stupid stuff like this.
  3. You have till May 2024 before Xbox starts deleting your game captures, here's how to backup by Sagar Naresh In September 2023, Microsoft Xbox announced that it would begin automatically deleting game captures and images stored on the Xbox Network. This automatic deletion was applied to game captures and images that are at least 90 days old. The first set of deletions was to take place in January 2024. It is speculated that this did not take place because Xbox postponed its plans. However, according to a new Xbox notification shared by a Reddit user, volcaandsora, Xbox has announced that it will start deleting game captures starting May 30, 2024. While it is unclear if anyone was affected by Microsoft's deletion of game captures in January 2024, as per the previous announcement, it looks like now we have until May 30, 2024, to back up all of our game captures and images. The images that are at least 90 days old and are stored on the Xbox Network are again affected by the new notification. https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/1cb6hfd/note_to_all_xbox_users/ Notably, images on Xbox Network mean screenshots or images that are uploaded to Xbox's servers, and not the images that are stored locally on a console. But to be extra safe, we would suggest you take a backup of all your favorite game's screenshots and images on an external hard drive or use any of the cloud storage options. To back up your game captures on your Xbox; Go to My Games & Apps. Select Apps. Choose Captures. Here, you will be able to move them to OneDrive, an external hard drive, or a USB. You also get the option to change the location and set future captures to be automatically stored in OneDrive. This would ensure that everything is backed up, and you don't have to worry about losing your favorite game's screenshots and images. Do keep in mind that the free version of OneDrive offers a 5GB limit.
  4. Probably at the start to use the data Alexa already gathers and figure out new ways to push products in the users face. AI based intelligence on what you are likely to want to order next. They already do it now, they could really step it up.
  5. NOD32 Antivirus / ESET Internet Security / Eset Smart Security Premium 17.1.11 by Razvan Serea NOD32 for Windows is the best choice for protection of your personal computer. Almost 20 years of technological development enabled ESET to create state-of-the-art antivirus system able to protect you from all sorts of Internet threats. ESET Internet Security boasts a large array of security features, usability enhancements and scanning technology improvements in defense of your your online life. ESET Internet Security ESET Internet Security keeps your computer or laptop safe with intelligent multi-layered protection combining proven antivirus, antispyware, firewall, anti-rootkit and antispam capabilities. Based on ESET NOD32 Antivirus, it protects you from viruses, worms, spyware, and all Internet threats. It conserves resources and improves computer speed. You are protected at the highest level while you work, social network, play online games or plug in removable media. ESET NOD32 Antivirus Your best defense against viruses, trojans and other forms of malware—and the top choice for IT professionals. Powered by the ThreatSense® engine with advanced heuristics, which blocks far more unknown threats than the competition. The latest generation of the legendary ESET NOD32 Antivirus takes your security to a whole new level. Built for a low footprint, fast scanning, it packs security features and customization options for consistent and personalized security online or off. ESET Smart Security Ultimate protection for everyday web users, thanks to ESET’s trademark best balance of detection, speed and usability. Stay safe from viruses and spyware. Stay protected from ransomware - Blocks malware that tries to lock you out of your own data. Receive free support by email or telephone in your local language, wherever you are. Bank and shop online more safely - automatically secures transactions on internet banking sites, and helps to protect you on online payment gateways. Stop hackers from accessing your PC - Personal Firewall prevents hackers from gaining access to your computer and keeps you invisible when you use public Wi-Fi. Keep your kids safe online - block unwanted internet content by categories or individual websites and keep your kids safe online with Parental Control. Safer webcam and home router - Get an alert when anyone tries to access your webcam, and check your home router for vulnerabilities. Safely store passwords, and encrypt your data. Safely store, generate and prefill your passwords, and encrypt your files and removable media (USB keys). Includes protection for smartphones and tablets. Protect all of your devices - mix and match security protection for up to 3 or 5 devices. v17.1.11 changelog: FIXED: transparency lag while moving the application window FIXED: BSOD on Win10 RTM build Download: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 17.1.11 (64-bit) | NOD32 Antivirus 32-bit | ~70.0 MB (Free Trial) Download: ESET Internet Security 17.1.11 (64-bit) | ESET Internet Security 32-bit Download: Eset Smart Security Premium 17.1.11 (64-bit) | Eset Smart Security Premium 32-bit Download ARM64: Antivirus | Internet Security | Smart Security Link: ESET Home Page Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  6. Agreed 100%. I'm infamously critical of such content (because, as you say, it's usually complete and utter drivel) but I just finished the first season of Fallout last night and I have to say -- it's one of the best television shows on the air today. The creators were too ambitious and made a real mess of West World, but they seem to have found the right groove between highbrow ideals and audience engagement/fun here. The story is easy to follow for the general audience and the characters and their motivations are well understood (aka well written and well performed), but the world contains little bits and pieces for the hardcore fans to enjoy too (like the password guessing screen). The usual problem with these franchises is that the studio knows that they need to create something that appeals to a broad audience. They don't really care about the limited (from their view) number of fans of a game when compared to the potential billions of viewers worldwide. Nor should they, from a business perspective. They also tend to cut the budgets of sci-fi/fantasy dramatically under they determine whether there is an audience for the show. For example, this is why dragons don't show up in Game of Thrones until very late in the first season. Amazon, having wasted a fortune on the horrendously awfully written LotR TV series, have clearly ponied up for a great cast and top-notch set builds (real and virtual). Seeing some of the crappy but iconic old graphic PC locations of the game come to life on the "big screen" was still a real treat to someone who played the original games long ago. So, as we see with Fallout, it is possible to create something with broad appeal that does enough fan service to tap that inherent "good word of mouth" network. And that's the critical factor for a show making it over the hump, so to speak. I, for example, have seen so many of these come and go (from an audience and entertainment creative standpoint), that I reflexively ignore them...until and unless I hear from enough colleagues, "hey, you really need to check this out!" I haven't been this pleasantly surprised since I was dragged into a theater to see THE MATRIX.
  7. It could be easily be sold before the election and of course Congress takes to long to do anything. This should have been passed last year when it first came up again. Yes, the two party system sucks and it is much need of reform but saying it's controlled by Israel is a little to much don't you think? LOL You are going all over the place and my point is just that the CCP shouldn't be controlling the most popular social media outlet our kids are using.
  8. I think we all knew the 'Elite' version was never going to be the mainstream SoC of choice. I suppose this is when the performance goes from promising to meh.
  9. The US gubment doesn't like people speaking the truth about the tiny hats on Tik Tok so they are going to ban it. Ban all you want - the truth is coming out about this group of genocidal maniacs. We talk about it all day long on gab...
  10. Well, guess we'll be getting more scam calls via WhatsApp soon...with many users not yet using 2FA, their accounts are getting hijacked, and everyone in every group they're in becomes a prime target to scandals and further hijacking. Hopefully they also add an option to block calls from people who haven't messaged/chatted with you, or unknown callers all together...
  11. And of course you can, been doing that since Debian 11 was out and it just works wonders (provided you have either AMD hardware or nvidia hardware that is actually liked by the kernel, but AMD hardware plays nice, even my 7900xtx is going strong right now)
  12. Hopefully Explorer Patcher keeps getting updated to remove the ads-riddled recommendations/suggestions section...
  13. Good, hope they also look into how they charge a subscription for prime, yet pre-select a slower shipping option at checkout instead of the prime shipping you're paying for, as reported by Mrwhosetheboss.
  14. Good to see the CMA keeping an eye on all these tech giants...
  15. Today
  16. Mindovermaster

What should I do with this free PC?

Yeah, but I doubt he has any money to afford one..
  17. wait, you're telling me that people don't want ads on their lock screen? I'm surprised. /s
  18. And anything significantly larger than that was called a "phablet".
  19. Let's not forget that TikTok is just a smokescreen for what this bill is really about. The article does mention yet another huge amount of money poured into the useless wars, but it's more than that. This bills gives the US govt the power to force any international company to sell or get banned. Maybe they choose to not like Samsung tomorrow. Sell the company to us or get out... The Biden admin is all about grabbing power from the citizens and corporations. People really need to think before they vote for somebody that wants to take away freedoms and tax everybody dearly for it. The US should be ashamed for the two idiots we have to vote between.
  20. Sledge

What should I do with this free PC?

Based on what you want to play you'd be better off getting a console that arsing about with crappy parts.
  21. Somedays I really think to myself: "Kinda miss the old days of Netscape Navigator simplicity of web browsing". Chromium Edge started as a nice light-weight alternative to Chrome, but now its in serious need of Ozempic or Wegovey!
  22. Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon X Plus for Windows 11 ARM PCs by Taras Buria As promised, Qualcomm today officially unveiled the Snapdragon X Plus, a new processor for Windows on ARM PCs. The platform promises "exceptional performance," solid energy efficiency, and powerful on-device AI capabilities. Unleash the power of a Next-Gen AI PC with the new Snapdragon® X Plus Platform. Snapdragon X Plus revolutionizes your digital experience by bringing powerful performance and efficiency, lightning-fast connectivity and groundbreaking on-device AI to even more of your favorite devices. Experience unparalleled productivity in ultra-portable laptop designs, with battery life that lasts for days. The Snapdragon X Plus is a ten-core processor based on the Oryon CPU architecture. Six performance and four efficiency cores operate at speeds of up to 3.4GHz, paired with up to 64GB of LPDDR5X memory. It also has a built-in Neural Processing Unit (NPU) for on-device AI processing, and Qualcomm says the NPU can output up to 45 TOPs of AI performance. As for the GPU, Qualcomm Adreno in the Snapdragon X Plus can deliver up to 3.8 TFLOPs. In addition, the GPU can power three external displays at 4K 60Hz HDR, two 4K 120Hz, or one 5K 60Hz. The Snapdragon X Plus joined the previously announced Snapdragon X Elite, a lineup of more powerful chips designed for Windows PCs. Here is how it stacks up against its more capable siblings: Core Count Total Cache Max Clocks Dual-Core Boost GPU NPU Memory Snapdragon X Elite X1E-84-100 12 42MB 3.8GHz 4.2GHz 4.6TFLOPs 45 TOPS LPDDR5X 8448Mt/s Snapdragon X Elite X1E-80-100 12 42MB 3.4GHz 4.0GHz 3.8TFLOPs 45 TOPS LPDDR5X 8448Mt/s Snapdragon X Elite X1E-78-100 12 42MB 3.4GHz - 3.8TFLOPs 45 TOPS LPDDR5X 8448Mt/s Snapdragon X Plus X1P-64-100 10 42MB 3.4GHz - 3.8TFLOPs 45 TOPS LPDDR5X 8448Mt/s According to Qualcomm, the first devices with the Snapdragon X Plus will arrive in mid-2024. The recently leaked Surface Pro 10 is expected to be one of those Snapdragon X Plus-powered Windows 11 AI PCs.
  1. Load more activity