All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online is shutting down on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this year by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe Later this year, the wildly popular online portion of Grand Theft Auto V is leaving behind the original platforms it released on two console generations ago. Rockstar Games today announced the shutdown of GTA Online on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 as well as the platforms' Rockstar Games Social Club stat tracking capabilities. While the single-player portion will remain untouched, GTA Online will become inaccessible on the two platforms starting on December 16. Before that, Rockstar wil
  3. Its still there lol! Even worst now that Edge updates in the background at boot and has bunch of edgewebview2 processes running.
  4. Any idea what they call that widget screen? Widget Drawer? Is it resizeable? Meaning, being able to make it wider? Is there a setting for the new start menu to display "all apps" as a list on the side by default?
  5. Twitter, Facebook and Youtube have been publishers for years. They don't apply their rules equally and they pick and choose who they will keep and who they will ban (notice how they banned Trump only when he stopped being useful for clicks) Trump was extremely popular on Twitter (and social media in general) at the time of his banning. He got banned for repeated lies about the election and citing an insurrection on the capitol. You can wave the Trump wave all day if you want but don't lie and claim Trump was banned because he wasn't getting clicks. We know exactly what he was banned for.
  6. George P

Xbox & Bethesda E3 2021 Games Showcase.

Second little event going on tomorrow. Talking with some of the devs.
  7. Here are the wallpapers included in the leaked Windows 11 build by Usama Jawad Yesterday was quite an eventful day for Windows enthusiasts. Not only did screenshots of Microsoft's upcoming operating system refresh appear online, but even an operational ISO containing the Windows 11 Pro build 21996.1 leaked online. Of course, Neowin went hands-on with the build and you can read through our ongoing coverage containing screenshots, a hands-on, our first impressions, and a handy way to snap windows; a process which was relatively obscure in previous versions of Windows. When it comes to n
  8. lol kinda has a "Winux" vibe to them. Indeed, the new Start menu has Linux plastered all over it, from both KDE and GNOME principles, from Deepin too. In what way do you see Gnome there? Icons style and spacing, rounded corners from GNOME...Element spacing and their disarray, overblown search box from KDE. Not that any of these design queues are original to either GNOME or KDE but put together they do evoke them.
  9. George P

Windows 11 has a new window snapping feature

Who knows? There's stuff missing in this build from the start. Whatever they show on the 24th will be a newer more mature build in the 22xxx range. I don't know if these count for you but there should be a new settings app, the new store, more updated UI bits and who knows what? There's some tweaks to the touch controls if that counts in this build, check Windows Centrals hands on video.
  10. Brandon H

From what I gather this are no new features and more like a cost accountant was furious Windows 10x was cancelled as all this tens of millions in R&D and UX design is going to go waste now .... wait I know .... viola Windows 11. I hope I am wrong but it seems Windows 11 is just a Windows10x skin thrown on Windows 10 to justify the money spent. I would like to see stuff under the hood like more IOS/Android like security, improved Hyper-V, etc. not at all a retaliation. They were saying from the beginning of the 10X project that they'd be porting the UI elements and such to the main 10
  11. Brandon H

I always felt like PowerToys should be a place to push out new features and test them/mature them and whatever works can find it's way back into the OS. agreed. I really wish the keyboard remapping tool was a native Windows feature. I only use it for one button and that's the back button on my Air Mouse. When not in mouse mode the back button is tied to "browser back" which is stupid IMO, I remap it to Esc; better for exiting full screen and such that way. Hate that I have to keep Power Toys running just for that though and I don't use it for anything else.
  12. Electricity and sanitation/clean water are actually items #7 and #6 on the UN's sustainable development goals which it wants countries to achieve in the next nine years. Getting everyone online is part of goal #9. I was reading a paper yesterday that says to achieve all the goals, between 5 and 7 trillion dollars will need to be spent globally. Over the 15 years of the SDGs existence, that should total about 105 trillion dollars.
  13. Thayios

I knew about the sides snapping but I didn't realize that the corners would do quarter increments so kudos for that. I use Magnet on MacOS to accomplish the same thing.
  14. Amazon getting into healthcare is terrifying. One of worst things we could let that company do. We need to reject it hard. Explain...
  15. Just wondering, what happens if Twitter takes its offices and servers out of India, and blocks Indian IP addresses from accessing their website and data?
  16. Today
  17. Read the news, the ones from the established and serious media (New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, etc), because despite how fashionable it is to bash them without proof, that's where you'll have the greatest chance of finding real journalists who want to be proud of making a career out of providing valuable information to the people, and not phonies that spread fake news and only care about their political agendas. It's in those kinds of media that you'll get answers to those questions, not from media that will want to paint everything as a conspiracy to bring Trump-like autocrats to pow
  18. Well, it will be interesting to see what happens to Twitter after this FIR named them. They have already bowed down amd said they will comply but they won't be getting away with this fake reported case which can incite communal violence. Twitter uses so called fact check journos who actually peddle fake news most of the times instead of facts and this time same thing happened. 😂
  19. Exactly, they have not complied with the laws here, unlike Twitter, all other social media platforms have complied and they enjoy status of intermediary. The new laws India has placed are interesting and protect users from being arm twisted by these platforms.
  20. Seems Microsoft is determined to make Windows the ugliest OS out there.
  21. Looks like they just centered the task bar buttons and called it a new version of Windows, so greedy and lazy. How are they greedy when they practically offer windows for free? Cost of OEM license is always included in Laptop or pre-built desktop's retail price. If you build on your own, you still have to buy a new legit license unless you find an old Windows 7/8 key COA sticker lying on your attic. So technically, Windows ain't free.
  22. I don't like the taskbar with the icons in the centre, it looks like MS is trying to copy the Mac dock without it being a dock. You can left align the start buttons and everything with a simple setting. So I have heard, I wonder if the option is in a place that is easy to find and not buried under a load of other options. At the top of taskbar options: https://www.xda-developers.com...21/06/settings-1024x831.jpg" rel="external nofollow">https://www.xda-developers.com" rel="external nofollow">https://www.xda-developers.com...21/06/settings-1024x831.jpg That looks ok. I
  23. OnePlus support definitely seems to have slipped over the last few years as they release more devices
  24. R.I.P. OnePlus. They had started to suck with sky high prices and third class quality of buggy updates. My OnePlus 7 after 2 yrs and 2 updates has stopped doing camera autofocus. Same with WoWifi. Works for a bit then stops until I reboot.
  25. Twitter, Facebook and Youtube have been publishers for years. (notice how they banned Trump only when he stopped being useful for clicks) Examples? And no... a video stream of an event doesn't count. And please, Trump would have been a force to be reckoned with now that he's out, he'd have had a massive following on Twitter in the form of "the resistance". I'll wait for you to spin that into some conspiracy about the liberal agenda too.
  1. Load more activity