Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Comic-Con 2014: The original writer of ?Guardians? tells TheWrap that Gunn will make the sequel James Gunn will write and direct the sequel to ?Guardians of the Galaxy,? his co-writer Nicole Perlman told TheWrap. The positive buzz enveloping the movie, due out next week, has spawned frequent chatter about a sequel. Marvel has not officially announced one, though it may at its Comic-Con panel Saturday. Representatives for Marvel did not offer any comment. Gunn has told people that he would like to make a sequel, but it depends on how the movie fares at the box office. Advanced tracking projects it will gross at least $60 million over its opening weekend ? and others are even more bullish. IMAX CEO Richard L. Gelfond went out of his way this week to say the movie would overperform.

?They started to figure it out pretty quick when they started getting the reactions from the audience; it was a very positive reaction,? Perlman told TheWrap. ?Of course they would want to make a sequel as long as it does well and people are excited about it, they'll wanna do a sequel. So, it's going to happen.? As for Gunn? ?James will be directing ?Guardians 2,? so he would also be writing ?Guardians 2,'? said Perlman. Also read: ?Guardians of the Galaxy? Review: Chris Pratt Rides Shotgun on Marvel's Charming Space Opera Perlman sounded less certain about her own involvement, but said she would love to work with Marvel again. She got the job writing the first film out of Marvel's writers program, which asks scribes to take a crack at adapting a few comics. Perlman chose ?Guardians? because it blended science fiction with humor, and it became her first produced film credit. It was also a huge leap for Gunn, who inherited Perlman's initial script and put his own spin on it. His two previous films, ?Slither? and ?Super,? cost a fraction of what Marvel sank into ?Guardians.? He has not signed on to direct another project ? though many have been offered ? so another ?Guardians? is in his future.

Source

Wow, first movie isn't even out yet, right?  Why not wait to see if it does well first?

Wow, first movie isn't even out yet, right? Why not wait to see if it does well first?

The hype alone and positive reviews is confirming it

• 3 weeks later...

James Gunn Teases the Identity of Star-Lord's Father in Guardians of the Galaxy 2

"It?s definitely not the character who it is in the comics," says Gunn, knocking Spartoi emperor J'son out of the running. "I?ll say that much... There have been a lot of documents passed around about who Peter Quill?s father is between a select two or three of us. That?s been part of the plan since the beginning, that?s something I had to work out before we shot the screenplay. We wanted to make sure Yondu?s place in everything made sense and it does, so it?s all very specific stuff."

Gunn also updates on whether or not we'll see Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

"He will show up if he helps our story," says Gunn, "and he will not show up at all if not. Thanos is not the most important thing in 'Guardians 2,' that?s for damn sure. There?s the Guardians themselves and other threats the Guardians are going to be facing that are not Thanos."

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Production Weekly has listed the film as 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2 "aka Guardians 3000"'. In the comics, these guys were the original Guardians of the Galaxy, and protected the future from various cosmic threats. They currently have their own comic series, titled 'Guardians 3000' to avoid confusion with Star-Lord, Groot and the gang. Interestingly enough, they have also counted Yondu among their ranks, who you'll remember as the blue-skinned space pirate that 'adopted' Quill after his mum died of cancer. Could this mean that the original Guardians of the Galaxy will be making an appearance alongside the modern team in the sequel? We'll have to wait and see. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will be released worldwide on May 5th, 2017.

Read More

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2016 at 3:53 AM, sava700 said:

At what point I wonder do they mix with the Avengers?

I believe at the Infinity war - I'm assuming the whole Infinity Stone/Thanos stuff comes to a head during these movies which is near enough what all the movies so far have got in common so far. It's probably something a bit more obvious to those who has read the comics etc but I think it's a safe assumption.

Just now, Draconian Guppy said:

I wonder how long  of a movie that is going to be!

Again, if I'm right then Infinity War is a two-parter, so long!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

Chris Pratt is the new Harrison Ford, just like Harrison was the new Cary Grant, no doubt about it :)

I could see Chris Pratt as a younger Indian Jones.

• 1 month later...

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 isn't even out yet and....

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/james-gunn-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-direct-write-1202032544/

James Gunn Returning to Write and Direct ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’

While “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” has yet to hit theaters, Marvel has already set James Gunn to return to write and direct a third installment.

Gunn announced the news on his Facebook page on Monday, shortly before embarking on the “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” press tour.

“So, after many months of ruminations and discussions, I know the answer. I could save this answer for the first, random interviewer to ask me during the press junket but instead I thought I’d share it with the most important people in the Guardiansverse – you, the fans, who have been so incredibly supportive and enthusiastic over the past five years, it has moved me to tears on a regular basis,” he wrote. “So, yes, I’m returning to write and direct Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.”

>

:woot:

Well, the movie has so much hype going for it that there's zero chance it doesn't make money for them, Disney is in sequel turbo mode with it's Marvel stuff, so Is it really a surprise?

• Like 1