Windows 10 Reset this PC - will it delete files on another partition?

So i moved my Documents, Videos, Music and Downloads folders to another partition when using Windows 7. Now that i've upgraded to Windows 10 i'd like to reset the PC and start from fresh. I know you can do a Reset this PC > Remove Everything which will remove the files.

My question is: will this remove the above folders even though they are on another partition or will it just format C:?

So i moved my Documents, Videos, Music and Downloads folders to another partition when using Windows 7. Now that i've upgraded to Windows 10 i'd like to reset the PC and start from fresh. I know you can do a Reset this PC > Remove Everything which will remove the files.

My question is: will this remove the above folders even though they are on another partition or will it just format C:?

In Windows 10, The refresh and reset PC have been combined into a single button. Now, if you click it, you'll be given two options: whether to keep your data or remove everything. Keeping your data is the same as Refresh PC, it only removes your apps. On the other hand, remove everything do what it say, it functions as Reset PC.

Now, if you try to Reset your PC, the new option comes: Only remove data from Windows Drive, or remove from all drive; both options explained themselves.

I hope this would be very helpful for you and the readers.

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (29).png

I did a full reset (Remove everything) on my computer with one disk and two partitions. Everything on the C: partition was deleted and it was probably formatted but the D: partition stayed untouched.

I did a full reset (Remove everything) on my computer with one disk and two partitions. Everything on the C: partition was deleted and it was probably formatted but the D: partition stayed untouched.

So, of the two options shown above, which did you choose?  Did you choose to remove all files from all drives?  Or did you choose to remove all files from the Windows drive only?

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...