Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands trailer - "We are Ghosts"

Hoping we get a release date on this at E3 - I'd love to see it release this year but I doubt that's going to happen.

• 8 months later...

I've been invited to the close beta this weekend and have 3 invites for Xbox One. If anyone is interested in checking it out, DM me and I'll let you know what details I need. 

• Like 2

So anyone get to try this at the weekend? I played a little, not enough for my liking, but enough to get a flavour. It would be great to hear peoples thoughts

I gave up before I finished the mission, It felt like a half-arsed version of the Division. Poor gun mechanics, poor driving and pretty disappointing graphics.

13 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I gave up before I finished the mission, It felt like a half-arsed version of the Division. Poor gun mechanics, poor driving and pretty disappointing graphics.

Yep. it definitely had huge nods towards The Division, but in a larger more open world. I preferred the gunplay from Wildlands. For me it was a blessing that the enemies didn't just soak up gunfire. 

Driving was genuinely poor and the graphics whilst not terrible had this awful shine/gloss to it.

I only managed to play through two missions but both were find guy to interrogate and then escape. Thankfully there was some changes/variances with the setting which helped.

Both The Division and Wildlands are games that were meant to be played with co-op as opposed to NPCs, but I feel that with The Division there was a little more solo play. The rest of the NPC team felt pretty useless.

Oh and flying a helicopter was painful! 

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder how much this will differ. I was hoping for something more polished during the closed beta, but was disappointed. Let's hope it's a little better the second time around. 

9 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Wonder how much this will differ. I was hoping for something more polished during the closed beta, but was disappointed. Let's hope it's a little better the second time around. 

Out of curiosity, did you play alone or with friends? 

I was solo and got bored very quickly but I am much more of a social player and I'm hoping that's all I was missing from this first time around.

2 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Out of curiosity, did you play alone or with friends? 

I was solo and got bored very quickly but I am much more of a social player and I'm hoping that's all I was missing from this first time around.

I didn't have much time, so only played solo. I can imagine this being a great game with four mates/real players with coordinated attacks on bases etc. 

I saw your comment earlier re. the gameplay and graphics, I'm hoping that'll be a little more polished.

Full list of System requirements

Recommended:

Recommended: (1080p resolution, video preset: high)

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7- 3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4 GHz

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX970/GTX 1060 or AMD R9 290X /R9 390/RX480 (4GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better) – See supported List */**

SYSTEM RAM: 8GB

I wasn't fond of the closed beta - again, playing solo.... then I did some co-op with randoms... who were terrible and kept failing the mission because they would run in CoD-Style. 

Hoping it will be a bit better in the open beta....

• 2 weeks later...

Reviews:

Time – 4.5 / 5

GameSpot – review in progress

PlayStation LifeStyle – 8

Hardcore Gamer – 4.5 / 5

CGMagazine – 8

PC Gamer – review in progress

Attack of the Fanboy – 4 / 5

US Gamer – review in progress

Shack News – review in progress

GamesRadar+ – 4.5 / 5

Destructoid – review in progress

Twinfinite – 3.5 / 5

ICXM – 7.5

LeaderGamer – 7

https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/06/ghost-recon-wildlands-reviews-round-up-all-the-scores/

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2017 at 4:53 PM, dwLostCat said:

I'm planning on trying this after I get my new build set up.  I have plenty to play though, so we'll see when. :)

I won't take you long to beat it. Took me and a friend about a week or 2 after it released. Even got the platinum for it.  I seen game play of Narco road and not even gonna bother with it, for the fact we can't use our own characters for it and are forced to make a new character again.