Spiderman: Homecoming

I understand that Peter Parker is supposed to be around 15, but that title really puts me off. But I'll probably give it a shot for the Benjamin-Button-aging Aunt May. It will be interesting to see if they portray her as struggling to hold things together, or if she is going to have things figured out like the older variants.

22 hours ago, Nick H. said:

I understand that Peter Parker is supposed to be around 15, but that title really puts me off. But I'll probably give it a shot for the Benjamin-Button-aging Aunt May. It will be interesting to see if they portray her as struggling to hold things together, or if she is going to have things figured out like the older variants.

+1 Sounds like sort of disney movie :/   

But yeah, aunt may :devil: give me some of that, wait this is disney right :p 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nick H. said:

Did you see Captain America: Civil War?  If so, you'd have the answers to those concerns already.  Tom Holland was a great choice for Spider-Man and Marissa Tomei was a really nice choice for Aunt May too.  Especially her dynamic with Tony Stark (who is supposed to be in this movie as well).

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, IceBreakerG said:

Did you see Captain America: Civil War?  If so, you'd have the answers to those concerns already.  Tom Holland was a great choice for Spider-Man and Marissa Tomei was a really nice choice for Aunt May too.  Especially her dynamic with Tony Stark (who is supposed to be in this movie as well).

yeah the sexual tension between them was just... freaky to be honest.

Also +1 Tom holland nailed it  in civil war, lets just hope they keep that same tone in "homecoming".

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, IceBreakerG said:

Ah, didn't watch it.

1 minute ago, Nick H. said:

Ah, didn't watch it.

blasphemy! please refrain from posting in this thread until you have watched civil war, JUST for the small spidey outtakes :p

1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

Ah, didn't watch it.

It's now my second favorite Marvel movie so far (right after Guardians of the Galaxy).  I've seen it twice so far, and it was awesome.  Spider-Man and Black Panther have me excited for the future of the MCU.

3 hours ago, IceBreakerG said:

It's now my second favorite Marvel movie so far (right after Guardians of the Galaxy).  I've seen it twice so far, and it was awesome.  Spider-Man and Black Panther have me excited for the future of the MCU.

That's a better argument to make. I love Guardians of the Galaxy, and you've made me think I should check out Civil War. (Y)

• Like 3

It might be a real blessing in disguise that Marvel couldn't use some of their own characters for the MCU from the get-go.  I agree with the above post 2 above that both Spiderman and Black Panther give the audience something to really look forward to.  They are joining in at a time where Marvel can slowly back off a few of the other characters before they the audience (and actors) get sick of them.  

If you think about it, maybe in a few years they can pull in Deadpool/X-Men and do the same thing.  It's almost like rebooting the MCU without actually doing so... new characters, but same continuity. 

On 6/30/2016 at 2:34 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

+1 Sounds like sort of disney movie :/   

But yeah, aunt may :devil: give me some of that, wait this is disney right :p 

I would ;)

On 6/30/2016 at 9:54 AM, IceBreakerG said:

While I'm not thrilled with another Spidey this quick, especially since I liked Andrew Garfield in the role, I agree Tom was excellent. One of the highlights of the movie, TBH.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DConnell said:

While I'm not thrilled with another Spidey this quick, especially since I liked Andrew Garfield in the role, I agree Tom was excellent. One of the highlights of the movie, TBH.

Yeah I'm with you on this one, I thought Andrew Garfield actually played the role pretty well.

My daughter has recently got into all the Marvel collection and we're slowly going through all the old movies - we did all the modern ones (Iron Man, Thor and Avengers etc) and now we've just gone back to the original Toby Maguire Spider man and I had not realised just how bad he was as a Spiderman character and how much better AG was.

However like you, Tom's scenes were amongst my favourite of Civil War so I am just as excited to see this movie.

• 5 months later...

Holy crap, did he always have the webbing under his arms even in Civil War? I don't remember if he did or not. But, awesome that he does now. Sweet addition and major fan service :D

3 minutes ago, LOC said:

Holy crap, did he always have the webbing under his arms even in Civil War? I don't remember if he did or not. But, awesome that he does now. Sweet addition and major fan service :D

Nah, I think this is just something for the new movie.

I was so excited when I saw this topic had been updated, might be a small teaser but it did the job and got my hyped about this again :D

20 minutes ago, LOC said:

I heard on one of Kevin Smith's podcast that

Spoiler

Tony Stark gave Peter the "web wings" as a suit upgrade.

45 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Another trailer for a trailer.

So, basically the suit he wore for civil war, was a loaner basically :/ wonder how they will work that out in the movie, as he apparently was using his own contraptions.

• Like 1

Garfield was a great Spiderman but his Peter Parker was not so good.  Holland did both really well. Dopey Maguire was just terrible all around imo.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...