Jewish girl, 13, stabbed to death in West Bank bedroom was U.S. citizen

Golden1.jpg

A 13-year-old Jewish girl who was stabbed to death in her bed by a Palestinian attacker on Thursday was an American citizen, the State Department said.

Hallel Yaffa Ariel was asleep in her home in a West Bank settlement when a 17-year-old assailant broke in to the house and killed her before he was shot by security guards.

"The horrifying murder of a young girl in her bed underscores the bloodlust and inhumanity of the incitement-driven terrorists that we are facing," Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said after an emergency meeting with his defense minister. "The entire nation deeply identifies with the family's pain and declares to the murderers: you will not break us."

I can't believe that this Palestine vs Israel crap will never end. Poor girl, nobody deserves this however it appears that the Palestinians love death and killing civilians just as much as ISIS.

Source: Fox

CNN

ABC News

15 minutes ago, SpeedyTheSnail said:

it appears that the Palestinians love death and killing civilians

Well that's one way to paint a picture, with a ridiculously broad brush.  Where you are from, has nobody ever killed anyone?  Does that then not suggest your nation isn't also in love with death and killing?

Get a grip!

1 hour ago, Nik L said:

Well that's one way to paint a picture, with a ridiculously broad brush.  Where you are from, has nobody ever killed anyone?  Does that then not suggest your nation isn't also in love with death and killing?

Get a grip!

My nation kills people who kill people out of hate and evil. Palestine performs many terror attacks on Israel namely because they are Jews. There is a big difference.

Nice try though!

8 minutes ago, SpeedyTheSnail said:

My nation kills people who kill people out of hate and evil.

Your nation being America, if I am to go by the avatar?

Epic LOL then.  Seen the world over as a massive aggressor that seeks to perpetuate the instability they played a major hand in creating in the Middle East, often in the name of advancing political interests or industrial/economic benefit.

Feel free to try paint paint America as the good guy's who deal with the world's injustices, but that's an absolute smokescreen for the political interests served by their global actions.

But that aside... We are dealing with the actions of a single man - not an entire race (kinda the point you missed - but let's not let facts get in the way of a little xenophobia and flag waving idiocy).  Let's take a single American who has killed a girl in the misguided name of his religion - or would you rather pretend that has never happened also?  Every single American who has ever killed someone has done it because their victim was evil, right?

Nice try, yourself!

14 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

<Title Edited to follow guidelines for posting from other sites>

What I had to edit leads me to not want to discuss the matter. :/

Thanks Nick H. This is my first time posting a news story from another site!

Still sad story.

Nik L:

I don't see much in the news of mass slaughter by Americans, do you? I do see mass slaughter by radical Islamist though, is it really in the "misguided" name of religion? Or is it part of the religion?

12 minutes ago, SpeedyTheSnail said:

Still sad story.

Nik L:

I don't see much in the news of mass slaughter by Americans, do you? I do see mass slaughter by radical Islamist though, is it really in the "misguided" name of religion? Or is it part of the religion?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers_(Americas)

18 minutes ago, SpeedyTheSnail said:

Still sad story.

Nik L:

Yes, quite often.  Are you blind?  This selective dismissal of things that don't suit your agenda - it shows you for who you really are!

Again, let's bring this back to what's been posted - a single person killed another person.  Off the back of that you wish to write off an entire demographic.  So has no single person killed another person in America?  Do I write off all Americans?  Christians?  White people?  But they did it out of some self-assigned righteousness because the other person deemed a killer, right?  All those kids in schools who get shot up - they deserved it yeah?

You really can't build a coherent argument out of your xenophobic BS!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

Makes my stomach turn.:s Poor girl.

Is it really any different to the 100's of similarly "poor girls" who were blown up or crushed when the US/UK coalition carpet bombed Bagdad in the middle of their night? Sure it is, because this is one little girl killed by 1 lone lunatic, whereas as they were 100's of little girls killed by 2 nations out to "save the world".

(Yes, this is sarcasm).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Please keep this on topic

The OP set the topic in his first post with the inane comment.  This thread is not about the killing of this innocent girl - this thread is about small-minded hate that is being backed up by the story posted.

1 minute ago, Nik L said:

The OP set the topic in his first post with the inane comment.  This thread is not about the killing of this innocent girl - this thread is about small-minded hate that is being backed up by the story posted.

It's not just small minded hate, it's hate of any kind.  From the small minded hate of this one individual because of religious or ethnic origins, to the larger hate of governments against governments.  It all leads to death, and it all just needs to stop.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Is it really any different to the 100's of similarly "poor girls" who were blown up or crushed when the US/UK coalition carpet bombed Bagdad in the middle of their night? Sure it is, because this is one little girl killed by 1 lone lunatic, whereas as they were 100's of little girls killed by 2 nations out to "save the world".

(Yes, this is sarcasm).

Are you sure that's sarcasm.:) I happened to be stationed in the beautiful UK, at RAF Lakenheath during that time, and it's sad either way.

The topic is the horrific murder of a young girl - This has nothing to do with mass or even singular murders in any other country. 

Lets not turn this horrible event into another piece of ammo for any agenda whether that be damning a whole country by one mans actions or bringing up Americas gun culture. 

Wait, I honestly thought this was about a merciless murder. Maybe it went over my head...

9ivEP1X.gif

12 minutes ago, Skiver said:

The topic is the horrific murder of a young girl - This has nothing to do with mass or even singular murders in any other country. 

Lets not turn this horrible event into another piece of ammo for any agenda whether that be damning a whole country by one mans actions or bringing up Americas gun culture. 

It's really not.  OK, so another mod edited the title, but look at the first post and the comment under.  The original poster set exactly where this thread was going.

"bringing up Americas gun culture" - but... you just did!? ;)

2 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

Wait, I honestly thought this was about a merciless murder. Maybe it went over my head...

Yes, it really should have been, but the way the article is reported (due to the site it comes from) and the comment below - they usurp this heinous one on one killing to paint a completely different story.

Just now, Nik L said:

It's really not.  OK, so another mod edited the title, but look at the first post and the comment under.  The original poster set exactly where this thread was going.

I think we'll probably need to agree to disagree, I'd expect someone starting a topic based on a news story for the topic to be of that news story, not the opinion of one person whether that be the OP or not.

Threads can and will always go off on a tangent - however this particular tangent IMO is one that is discussed over and over and never ends up in a good place. 

Just now, Skiver said:

I think we'll probably need to agree to disagree, I'd expect someone starting a topic based on a news story for the topic to be of that news story, not the opinion of one person whether that be the OP or not.

As would I - and had the story been posted without the biased tone it's written then sure.  Also without the comment below then, yes certainly.

Threads can and will always go off on a tangent - however this particular tangent IMO is one that is discussed over and over and never ends up in a good place.

So is mock-labeling Islam as a "religion of peace" to highlight the small percentage of those who misuse it's name for murder.

I'm not disagreeing with you, this has been done to death - do you feel it's correct to push such anti-Islam sentiment when the true story is a whackjob killed a girl?  That's all that's really happened here.  If you allow the original post, then you can't censor the rebuttal.

So is mock-labeling Islam as a "religion of peace" to highlight the small percentage of those who misuse it's name for murder.

I'm not disagreeing with you, this has been done to death - do you feel it's correct to push such anti-Islam sentiment when the true story is a whackjob killed a girl?  That's all that's really happened here.  If you allow the original post, then you can't censor the rebuttal.

The Tags were also removed eventually which is what I think you were referring to with the "religion of peace". 

I don't feel its correct no, but unfortunately/fortunately for me, as a mod I have to try and remain in impartial a lot of the time so as much as I may have an opinion on what was said, it's usually best I keep that to myself.

I don't think its correct and I see your point, my point however is not to censor the rebuttal or any other reply but to nip it in the bud before it goes too far which i suspect would have happened. Forgive the horrible analogy but it's like squirting an angry dog before it bites :p

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Is it really any different to the 100's of similarly "poor girls" who were blown up or crushed when the US/UK coalition carpet bombed Bagdad in the middle of their night?

Individually targeted and guided laser guided bombs dropped by F-117's etc. aren't carpet bombing. B-52's dropping thousands of unguided bombs is carpet bombing

(Yes, this is sarcasm).

Sorry, seems more like a post-grenade throw deflection.

13 hours ago, Nik L said:

I actually have two good friends who are Muslims, however one of them has..... off views. If this were a group of Muslim terrorist killed by Israeli commandos then the tone by many who have posted here would have been completely different.

I see nothing in the news other than Islamic terrorism (and supposedly Chechnian terrorism). When is the last time you have seen people kill in the name of Christ? The Crusades? It seems like the majority of people in the world are anti-Semitic and hate Israel, especially here on the Neowin discussion forums. There is lots of support for Muslims, however it appears anything related to Jewish people is not received at all.

This is 2016, not the 10-1200's. The excuse that Christians used to fight a holy war is irrelevant, and a poor excuse.

I most certainly do not have a small mind, in fact I am able to have an open enough mind to point out the true culprits to violence today. Besides the truly random acts of violence and hate, there is a GROUP OF PEOPLE who are actively waging a genocidal war against people but are only unsuccessful in the psychological war of proving their point. People are too stupid to identify the enemy of Western democracy because they have been pampered their whole lives and have never had to fight for anything they have.

Wakjak to the rescue, anything that criticizes Muslims is flame bait. Anything that shows Jews as evil haters is not. Typical. 

President Obama calls Islam the "religion of peace", so what is the issue here for all the liberals? You support everything he says unless it is used in satire.

Can you have a productive counter argument other than "You are racist" and "You are small minded" to back your pro terrorist views? How about trying to prove that this guy isn't a supporter of ISIS or that somehow a Muslim targeting a Jew isn't a hate crime?

The answer: You can't, so you resort to petty arguments. Now if you can please stay on topic and bring a productive argument to MY topic, I would very much appreciate it, even if you oppose my view.

13 hours ago, Skiver said:

(Y)