Not satisfy with monitor color display settings.

Two days ago, I bought a new Asus VX278H monitor. I've been trying to tweak the monitor settings and even tried out Windows Color Management settings but I don't seem to be adapting to the display. Not sure if it's psychological or not. Example, I am looking at the photos from Facebook that I had long ago and when I view them now, the photos seem very "edgy" around the person or object. Didn't seem to feel this way last time but now new monitor, yes.

I can't seem to find the ICC Profile for this monitor too.

Just wondering if anyone is able to provide suggestions or recommendations of settings? Brightness? Contrast? Saturation? RGB?

RMA it through ASUS, or rather, send it back to where you bought it. Don't bother trying to fix it. It probably was set that way out of the factory/store.

1 hour ago, Mindovermaster said:

RMA it through ASUS, or rather, send it back to where you bought it. Don't bother trying to fix it. It probably was set that way out of the factory/store.

Why return a device that seems to only need a color calibration and maybe reduce the sharpness? 

If you really want to get it "right" you would need to borrow a screen calibrator, they aren't worth the price for a one time use scenario 

12 minutes ago, Anibal P said:

Why return a device that seems to only need a color calibration and maybe reduce the sharpness? 

If you really want to get it "right" you would need to borrow a screen calibrator, they aren't worth the price for a one time use scenario 

Quality control on the Asus monitors is garbage, especially the TN panels. I've read the reviews on Amazon and about 1 out of 4 looks right and doesn't have color/contrast issues or really bad back-light bleed.

1 hour ago, xendrome said:

Quality control on the Asus monitors is garbage, especially the TN panels. I've read the reviews on Amazon and about 1 out of 4 looks right and doesn't have color/contrast issues or really bad back-light bleed.

That.... It shouldn't be THAT bad out of the box...

Bear in mind that it is 27" and still only 1080p (1920x1080) so it upscales from what you would be used to on a smaller screen that also supported 1920x1080. I recently purchased a 25" and sent it back because I wasn't happy with the picture, my 2 23" LG screens (from 2011) are also 1080p (LCD, not IPS) and I felt the picture was much more crisp on the older monitors :s

Depending on your graphics card you should be able to install a utility that does a bit more than Windows default display settings, Intel has one if you are using onboard graphics, and of course Nvidia and AMD, just make sure the drivers are up to date.

Personally I am going to hold off and save a bit for two larger 1440p screens.

I'm using 960GTX.

F8J46QN.png

I realised it was this "VividPixel" setting that I set as 40 that was making my photos have these edgy feel. The moment I set to 0, that feel was gone. My sharpness was set only at 40.

Good to hear you got this worked out. I was just shuttering at the thought of 1080 on a 27". The pixels would be huge (about .3 mm pitch I'd guess).   I would assume you sit at least 75 cm from it? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2016 at 8:41 PM, BlueFlame said:

check to see is you are using full color rang in nvidia control panel

Capture.JPG

Sorry for late reply. Well by default was it limited? Because mine was "Limited". :D

7 hours ago, Bryan84 said:

Sorry for late reply. Well by default was it limited? Because mine was "Limited". :D

yes, it was limited by default.