Need some help with a strange Windows 7 Issue At Logon

Hello. A strange thing which I have not seen before has occurred on a laptop I was asked to work on. 

This laptop has Window 7 Home Premium. When I first booted up I could see 3 accounts to log into and the Admin account is obviously not shown there. The account I had to log into is called David. Well I saw it had a password. So I booted with the Ultimate BootCD and ran the Linux tool to remove the password from this account. I also promoted the account to Admin.

Once I booted normally I was able to get in the account and perform the work. Lots of issues this PC had but I fixed it all and every time I restarted I would log into the account. This morning I decided to boot up the machine one more time to make sure everything OK and his account has disappeared from the login screen. I see just Guest and the other person. WTH??

Does anyone know how this can happen and what I can do to get the account to show again so I can log in? I did notice because this is a kid of 12 years old that when I would log in I would get a notice about Parental Control in the lower right of the screen about Parental Controls but I thought that was disabled and just ignored it.

Password was removed and account is an admin. Can the Parental Control do this?  I need to return this laptop later today but cannot with this situation.

Thank You For Your Help

The thing is I cant login. The other account has a password to it.

I could boot the CD and remove the password there also. Makes no sense to me unless the Parental Control is the issue. I basically ignored it but the one I did read it mentioned something about the account not having a password.

I got it fixed. I got the password for the other account and made some changes inside the user admin area and all is well.

• Like 2