surface pro 4, or samsung s2 tablet?

getting sick of the same old choices for tablets in Android, and  was very impressed with the surface pro 4 I played with in best buy yesterday.

I dont really need a "laptop" replacement, just use this for reading,surfing, emailing, and having fun, so I wonder if the surface pro 4 is way too much overkill...

I use windows 10 at home on all our personal machines, and always wondered how it would be using windows on a phone/tablet, instead of Android..plus, with the nice price drops on the surface pro 4's right now, its very temping to take the plunge and grab a Surface pro 4..

any suggestions?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a SP 4 and love it. It is my traveling device and is so versatile. I still use a small, inexpensive tablet when I make public presentations (the SP is a little heavy to hold for long periods), but this thing does everything I need. I do audio editing. Photoshop, Premiere for short videos and of course, all my office work. This thing is really fast. 

I have own the S2 for about 5 months. Its a really good tablet. Its thin, light and well built. The screen of the AOLED is amazing. Is the best looking screen I have ever screen. Its not a production tablet. Do you will not get anything done if that's what you may need to use it beside just causal use. The device will bend a little which I have notice on mine. Not a big issue but something to point out. Update with software of the OS is normal and you mostly not get version 7 until next year if lucky. Just got 6.0, 2 months ago. Its pricely for what you get. Just wish they put in Note5 spec and not Note4 because it was release with Note5 already out. If you want to save half the price get the Tab E. 

• 2 weeks later...

Overall, the SP4 is a better productivity tablet. If you want to produce content as well as consume, the SP4 beats almost everything in its class.  It's a full PC in tablet form, so you get a real browser and windows programs.

If you only want to consume content, the Samsung is an excellent choice and plays Android games. 

Or find a Surface 3 on clearance. I got one for under $300, it's absolutely fantastic for browsing, email and the occasional game.