Need a new game, FPS preferred

I have played both Deus Ex's, Doom, Wolfenstein, I have Dying Light still that is always a good fall back, I have The Witcher 3 with DLC's  and I have Far Cry 2, and COD: Black Ops, I am just kind of looking for a new shooter, I really don't know what is out right now and I don't do MP. Any recommend a new game?

24 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

COD Advanced Warfare SP is great. It also is pretty cheap now.

I am only seeing the gold edition on steam and it's $50, not what I call 'cheap'!

Hrm. It isn't an FPS and I've only played a tiny bit of it, Warframe seems interesting and, also, free. It is third-person based, but isn't bogged down. It is also a MMO, but you can run it in solo mode and ignore the people chatting, I think. Like I said, not a strong recommendation, but it is free.

I will tag on my own question to this topic; is ReCore any good? Still considering making the buy.

There is a small drought of FPS until next month when Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Shadow Warrior 2, CoD IW and Dishonored 2 come out.

Skyrim Remastered is also coming in October, if you didn't play it in 2011. And of course the Bioshock remasters just launched.

If you want older recommendations, it might be worth posting your Steam profile so we can avoid suggesting something you've already played.

I know you said you don't do multiplayer but I'd suggest keeping an eye out on Star Citizen - the MMO part of the game is called Star Citizen and the singleplayer campaign is called Squadron 42, so it's got you covered either way. They recently released a preview of the vision stabilisation here:

Right now the game is in alpha testing and is being updated regularly, with a large update to the FPS mechanics due within the next month or so. That will add Star Marine, which is the FPS component of the game. It's pretty revolutionary as it unifies first-and-third-person animations, meaning that everything you see your character do is the same as others see. It should be pointed out that FPS is just one element of a much larger game, with the game focused around space combat and large multi-crew ships. It's not a competitive multiplayer game in the traditional sense, it's much more about working together with others. The final version of the game isn't expected for at least another year, so there's still a lot of development remaining. Here's a trailer of the current release of the game:

There are regular free play events to test out the game, so it doesn't hurt to check it out when the next one comes around. You can find out more here.

Get the Orange Box and the Half-Life Black Mesa revisited. HL1 and HL2 are probably the best FPS games ever made and my favorite shooters of all time. Orange Box includes several games from the HL2 series and is around 20 Euros, while HL1 is 10 Euros and should be modded with the above mentioned mod that will bring it to today's graphical standards.

2 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

Get the Orange Box and the Half-Life Black Mesa revisited. HL1 and HL2 are probably the best FPS games ever made and my favorite shooters of all time. Orange Box includes several games from the HL2 series and is around 20 Euros, while HL1 is 10 Euros and should be modded with the above mentioned mod that will bring it to today's graphical standards.

Oddly enough I actually have the orange box, had it for years! I'm going to have to go digging for it now!

Just now, jnelsoninjax said:

Oddly enough I actually have the orange box, had it for years! I'm going to have to go digging for it now!

Great, but remember these games are story driven, and shooting is not the primary aspect that defines them, though there is plentiful of action :). If the starts seems too slow for You, plow through them, rewards are immense.