Windows stuck at spinning dots on boot, possibly wireless mouse dongle.

Over the past few days, i've been getting, reports of people turning their computers on and seeing a 3 little dots going around and around forever.

I think these machines finally got the Anniversary update and were on the first boot after install.

These  customer's issues seem to have been the wireless mouse dongle that once unplugged was then able to boot to the desktop and then reboot without issue. Then today I had another customer with the same issue. After logging in, she was just met with a black screen.  Then after unplugging her wireless mouse dongle it booted to the desktop just fine.

Upon researching the issue of the dots just going around and around on boot, others have mentioned it was their mouse dongle too. 

So if you come across this issue, try unplugging the mouse dongle. Might be a bug in the Anniversary Edition.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hum said:

Seems to be a lot of bugs with the AU.

It messed up the Boot, somehow for me.

Had to reinstall. :/

Sounds more like driver issues, which are not bugs.

I had an issue with a fourth monitor (the huge Dell 40 something inch my office bought at the time to monitor stuff). Sometimes on a reboot I would get the spinning dots, and I would have to turn the machine off and unplug the monitor until the machine booted into Windows - then it was fine for a while.

12 minutes ago, Thayios said:

I had an issue with a fourth monitor (the huge Dell 40 something inch my office bought at the time to monitor stuff). Sometimes on a reboot I would get the spinning dots, and I would have to turn the machine off and unplug the monitor until the machine booted into Windows - then it was fine for a while.

Was it connected via a dock or USB?