how far will the level of computer virus of danger?

how far will the level of computer virus of danger?

The most dangerous virus I know who are very active are related to win32 Sality, file infector viruses in general and ransomware virus type in general. They are very active in pcs and windows.

Other high level of danger ...
Conficker, Stuxnet, ILOVEYOU, Klez, Sobig, MyDoom,

I wish I could speak or write in your native language.  The broken sentences that make no sense would be many.

Not exactly sure what you are trying to ask or say.  How bad can a computer virus be?  How far can it go? 

viruses could encrypt your drive and hold the owner for ransom...this is known as ransomware

viruses could delete all of your files

viruses could essentially be a time bomb doing any of these things and even to the point of sending an obscene gesture every other day at 12 hr intervals. 

really it depends on how devious the creator is and what kind of imagination they have.  I am not really sure if that answers your question as I don't know exactly what you are asking. 

Yeah not sure what your asking to be honest.

I sure would not rate the "I love you" virus with stuxnet.  That was a state sponsored sort, which huge resources behind writing that code that was designed to do a specific thing, that got a bit out of hand is all.  You should really watch the documentary zero days about that one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5446858/

When you have governments sponsoring code meant to do no good, the sky would be the limit to what could happen.  Can you say world wide blackout, or whole countries going dark both in power and for internet access.  People could die for sure..

There is a huge difference in code written by some script kiddie to try and make some money via ransomware or sending out spam, vs when you throw the resources of nation at doing something.

it comes to virus focusing on pc, websites, servers.

as I know that the viruses are so dangerous, that has not hacker attacks your pc but will direct the server to take down the site. it used to be. a server hosting a website on windows can be dropped easier, and in Linux there is a greater security, but does not mean that they can not break into a server on Linux with a website.

the forum already ubuntu was invaded, they are not playing the same, even Linux was invaded. which shows that viruses are too dangerous, and new virus can be fatal, to be detected and understood by antivirus as virus and be deleted or sent to quarantine.

a website hosted on a server in Linux can be hacked too. and if it is easier still new virus and the greater the damage he can do.

the case of new virus is not known how far you can reach the damage of this monster created in the laboratory.
it is unclear how far these mentally ill hackers can create !!!

2 minutes ago, Hum said:

I no longer fear Ransomeware. I have rather good protection. :happy:

Ah yes, the rather good protection you won't tell anyone about.

• Like 2

I think these posts might be easier to understand if he just posted in his native language.. And then someone here could translate it ;)  Or we could put it into our own translation sites.  These posts don't seem to have a actual point or question?

Yes viruses can be nasty - think everyone will agree ;)

Mi ŝatas flaras belajn florojn, ili kutime odoras tre bela.

7 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Ah yes, the rather good protection you won't tell anyone about.

People can find it if they Search.

1. I do not want to be blamed it the software messes up their computer.

2. Some smart--alec will post how this could not work, is bad to try, etc.

Trying to be helpful isn't always appreciated. :unsure:

Just easier to avoid the critics.

4 minutes ago, Hum said:

Or not comment if you deliberately say nothing?

But yes, there's two vectors here:

Protection and Backup.  I value Backup over Protection.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hum said:

Your idea of helpful usually isn't. Just sayin. 

10 minutes ago, Hum said:

You have to understand, some of your posts give us reason to be weary of your recommendations. I appreciate your willingness to attempt to help, however sometimes you have to be corrected.

21 minutes ago, Hum said:

Seeing how you voluntarily run a files like firefox-patch.js ... whatever you are using has its work cut out for it. :laugh:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

Seeing how you voluntarily run a files like firefox-patch.js ... whatever you are using has its work cut out for it.

That patch seemed to be a good test -- the anti-malware program apparently worked, since nothing happened.

Or it could have been my running Malwarebytes right away.

I do not know,

Hello,

The danger level will remain low because computer viruses are mostly extinct, with the exception if a few commonly-seen families such as Sality.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky