music for the gym....more like the treadmill

I'm not into music at all but listen to classical when I'm studying/working. What music would you guys recommend for adrenaline pumping on the treadmill?

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked out this thread;

I think it really depends on what kind of music you're into to be fair but I'd say this thread would have a good few songs to try out.

• Like 1

Personally, I listen to hard driving rock music when I lift or ride in cycle class. Stuff like Def Leppard, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, stuff like that. But remember that I grew up in the rock generation (I'm 60), so my tastes are not the same as others here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Skiver said:

Have you checked out this thread;

I think it really depends on what kind of music you're into to be fair but I'd say this thread would have a good few songs to try out.

Aww you get brownie points just for that ! :p   But yeah +1  Listen to any upbeat song in that thread,  I for one get pumped with EDM and found it really gets me going the extra mile on teh treadmill.

4 hours ago, Barney T. said:

Personally, I listen to hard driving rock music when I lift or ride in cycle class. Stuff like Def Leppard, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, stuff like that. But remember that I grew up in the rock generation (I'm 30, but pretend to be 60 just cause), so my tastes are not the same as others here.

FTFY :shifty:

Well, some of Def leppard and bon jovi initial stuff is high tempoish!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2016 at 6:22 AM, Barney T. said:

Personally, I listen to hard driving rock music when I lift or ride in cycle class. Stuff like Def Leppard, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, stuff like that. But remember that I grew up in the rock generation (I'm 60), so my tastes are not the same as others here.

I'm 37, so I was about 5-10 years old when those bands were in their prime (mid to late 80s), but it's some of my favorite  stuff.

You're selling yourself a little short. If you were born in 1956, you came up with Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Moody Blues, stuff like that. Probably would have formed your appreciation for music in the late 60s, early 70s. I love this era of smartphones, and inevitably better medicine, but I would love to have lived in those days. I would trade this Clinton vs Trump crap for Vietnam vs draft dodgers any day of the week. I don't think I would have been drafted with my asthma, but who knows. The whole music scene around all of that, though. No good music is coming out of the 2016 election, but maybe it may yet.

Getting back to the OP, I just use my main Spotify playlist, and if I come to a slow song (and I have some of those), I just skip. Also, might I recommend an endless running game? Subway Surfers seems to have the best pace. Crossy Road is cool, but you die too often and it's slower paced. Pac-Man 256 (same dev) is a little faster and you live a little longer. Also Shooty Skies if you're into that. There's Temple Run, but I don't dig the pacing and it's a bit more difficult. Subway Surfers is almost too easy to stay alive, and it's smooth as hell. I play it with the sound off. It only plays ads when you're getting a freebie, and those are always optional. Like, you'll get a prize box and it'll offer to double the prize. You pay for that with an ad. I see no ads otherwise. Anyway, the endless running game really takes my mind off the real walking/running on the treadmill.

For the music, just get something like Spotify and have it start a radio station with a song you think will be good for you. Whether it's rock or EDM. I don't care for the latter, but you might not like rock. That's fine (really it's not but I mean, yeah, for the sake of the argument). Whatever works for you. And then each one you like, add to playlist. You can skip/thumbs down the ones you don't. Of course I'm talking about Spotify Premium... You can probably get farther with Google Music on the free tier. But I recommend finding a music service and paying for the premium tier. I think they're worth it. Generally Spotify has the most music, followed by Apple Music (or maybe the other way around), then Google Music, with Amazon taking up the rear. However, with Google Music, you can upload up to 50,000 of your own tracks, quickly mitigating the difference for them. I like Spotify because I like the colors (green on black FTW) and it's not tied to one platform. Moved from Android to iOS with ease, all my music intact. (Google Music and Apple Music are both on Android and iOS, but that could change. Amazon is on both as well. Still, I like having one that isn't owned by a platform owner.)

On 10/12/2016 at 4:55 PM, ultimate99 said:

I'm not into music at all but listen to classical when I'm studying/working. What music would you guys recommend for adrenaline pumping on the treadmill?

I have walking playlists - it's basically a variant on what you are talking about (and the jogger playlists that are - and have been commonly - referred to among the exercise set)

Because I tend to go on shorter (ten minutes at most) walks, I tend to base my playlists around a single artist (Journey, Madonna, U2, Keith Sweat, ELO, etc.).  However, now I have a pair of shoes that have the arch support that my feet have been lacking for decades - to the point that I actually covered most of the Las Vegas Strip - on foot! (The only exceptions were at the far south (south of MGM Grand) and far north (north of the Wynn Encore), and the reason I stopped was the windy conditions; not tired feet.  So now I have to redo my playlists.  Creating the playlists itself is easy - I use Spotify (even the free version works for the short playlists) for artists-based playlists, and Groove for the longer multi-artists lists (which are exportable to any player that supports the same formats).  One BIG reason why Spotify works is because it's platform-neutral (I find a song on one platform and save it, it's saved everywhere).  Not a thing is wrong with that.