Weird Laptop Power Issue

Hi There, was hoping someone could help me with this issue.  When the Laptop shuts down it still seems to be powered up (slightly).  I can plug it out, take the battery out and put it back in.  There's no visible sign of life but the battery will drain over night.  By accident I noticed the cpu fan moving slightly every few seconds.  I've embedded a video ,  it's only slight.  I also notice when a usb mouse is plugged in the optical light comes on at the same time the fan moves.  It's the only thing I can think that could be draining the battery over night. This happens with either the battery or charger plugged in or both together...

That looks more like hibernation than actual shut down. Look in your BIOS...

Wow. :s That's a little strange. I agree, check your BIOS/UEFI settings. Something is there checking for events, like a Wakeup from Keyboard/Mouse Action or something like USB. Especially LAN/WAN, that'll drain your battery like that if it's set to monitor for Wakeup over LAN/WAN.

Hello,

Have you disabled all options for hibernation, sleep and USB charging on your Dell notebook computer?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

go to cmd w/ admin rights

type:

powercfg.exe -h off

hit Enter

Close the window.

Does it still do it ?

If it does, check the power settings in BIOS/UEFI

Tip: If you have an SSD, you should run that cmd anyway.

*to go back to the way it was

Go back to admin CMD

powercfg.exe -h on

Enter

Exit

• Like 2