Year After Surgery

This time last year, (give a week or so ago) I had surgery on my right elbow, wrist, and lower arm.

Anyone who understands this, this is what the surgeon did:

1. Right biceps Z lengthening.
2. Right brachialis fractional lengthening.
3. Right brachioradialis fractional lengthening.
4. Right pronator teres release.
5. Right pronator quadratus release.
6. Right index, middle, ring and small finger FDS to FDP transfer.
7. Right FPL Z lengthening.
8. Right FCR Z lengthening.
9. Right FCU tenotomy.
10. Right ECRB imbrication.
11. Right index, middle, ring and small finger intrinsic releases.

It was rough after the first few months, but after that, my muscles stopped causing pain.

My wrist is starting to droop again, but I just wear a splint to keep that at a neutral position.

My elbow has more function now. No, it's not 100% straight, but better than it was...

• Like 1

I have little mobility in my right arm, so of course when you don't use it, muscles tighten up.

Main thing was my elbow was at 45 degrees when stretched. That's not enough. The surgery took it down to about 30 degrees, that's a big decrease.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

I have little mobility in my right arm, so of course when you don't use it, muscles tighten up.

Main thing was my elbow was at 45 degrees when stretched. That's not enough. The surgery took it down to about 30 degrees, that's a big decrease.

Welp, top of your first year anniversary ! What you celebrating with? Pumpkin pie? Pumpkie latte? Pumpkin scrambled eggs?!

• Like 1

Glad you recovered to a better state, I have hardly any use of my left arm due to my shoulder being bone on bone. I can feel your pain. I am in constant pain all day long from say a range of 4 to a 9. My only option is a shoulder replacement and from what I hear they do not work out so well.  I hope that you recover fully or as much as you can.