Looking to purchase 5 phones

I'm on a family plan with 5 lines and I'm in the market to upgrade all of the phones. My carrier is AT&T and not on contract. I talked to the rep and he said that I should buy the phones on installments, however, it will cost a total of $2,500 for (3) iPhone 6 Plus and (2) Samsung S6. The rep also said that he would waive the cost of SIM cards, activation, 1-day shipping, and offered me free cases (sales gimmick). I think $2500 is a lot of money for these phones so I'm open for refurbished devices.

I'm not looking for the latest and greatest phones. Currently, I have (2) iPhone 4, (1) iPhone 4s, (1) iPhone 5 w/ power button issues, and (1) Samsung S3. I just need newer devices that will handle the latest banking apps and perform a little better with the new apps.

Is there a reliable place where I can buy 5 phones in bulk or at least get a discount for purchasing more than one phone? I've looked at a couple of wholesalers, but it's hard to trust their quality. I prefer to stay away from CL due to the IMEI locks.

Hello,

Amazon and Newegg both sell phones.  I've purchased smartphones from them both in the past without any issues.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

19 hours ago, ron963 said:

I saw Maxwest Gravity 5.5 LTE for $120 which has pretty good specs. I'm looking up reviews to see there's any issues.

It's a made in china low spec device, the screen resolution alone is a reason for me to ignore it.

I would rather look into the Moto Nexus 6, LG Nexus 5X, LG G4, iPhone 6S* (Plus) and the Moto Z** (Force).

Left to right, cheap to expensive

* The iPhone 6 (Plus) has some worrysome issues, like bendgate and the resulting touchscreen issues.

** It's a nice phone if you like to experiment with modules, around 12 new modules will be available in 17". Also the Force option is great if you want a phone that survives drops on the pavement.

Personally I got a Moto Nexus 6 for $200 which got the android 7 update and has a 6" 2k oled screen, which is probably around $900-1000 for 5 refurbished and $1300-1500 for 5 new.

Personally I would make a list of options and let the people who're going to use them pick.

4 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

www.swappa.com  !

Sadly there's no way to bargain for a lower price if you buy 5 devices, assuming there aren't people on swappa selling 5 phones at the same time :shiftyninja:

Everyone and their dog with give you opinions. I wish I lived in the states, I would totally cheap out and go with a phone and plan from https://www.textnow.com/wireless . Phones from $8 and unlimited plans (talk text AND data) from $13.99??!!! amazing deals.  I use text now premium app and love how you can call AND text from any device including my PC's and tablets while my number goes across them all. I think this would be very useful in a family of 5.. They don't service Canada with cellular sadly. only the app. Maybe check them out if you are looking for cheap? If these guys ever are alllowed to offer service here bring this kind of pricing, they will OWN the Canada cellular market. Strangely, textnow is actually a Canadian company. Hows that for irony of the monopoly the big 3 carriers  here have on the government. 

Edited by Rippleman

25 minutes ago, Seahorsepip said:

Sadly there's no way to bargain for a lower price if you buy 5 devices, assuming there aren't people on swappa selling 5 phones at the same time :shiftyninja:

I know, though maybe better priced slightly used won't add up to $2500. Though good point, stores on ebay are usually more into discounts if you buy N amount. 

• Like 1

I've sold old phones to GameStop....not sure what they'd charge for used ones,  but you might be able to pick up some iPhone 5s's or iPhone 6's there at a discount.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:30 PM, ron963 said:

I'm on a family plan with 5 lines and I'm in the market to upgrade all of the phones. My carrier is AT&T and not on contract. I talked to the rep and he said that I should buy the phones on installments, however, it will cost a total of $2,500 for (3) iPhone 6 Plus and (2) Samsung S6. The rep also said that he would waive the cost of SIM cards, activation, 1-day shipping, and offered me free cases (sales gimmick). I think $2500 is a lot of money for these phones so I'm open for refurbished devices.

I'm not looking for the latest and greatest phones. Currently, I have (2) iPhone 4, (1) iPhone 4s, (1) iPhone 5 w/ power button issues, and (1) Samsung S3. I just need newer devices that will handle the latest banking apps and perform a little better with the new apps.

Is there a reliable place where I can buy 5 phones in bulk or at least get a discount for purchasing more than one phone? I've looked at a couple of wholesalers, but it's hard to trust their quality. I prefer to stay away from CL due to the IMEI locks.

Would you believe HSN? (And yes - I'm quite serious.)

The Florida-based HSN is arguably the second-largest non-retail new-smartphone vendor in all of North America (trailing only Amazon) - however, they LEAD the Bezos Behemoth with one carrier - Tracfone.  (Yes; Tracfone is an MVNO that also provides lifeline service under the Safelink Assurance brand; however, you can also go Bring Your Own Device with Tracfone as well - including porting numbers from Safelink.  If you're not irrevocably wed to your current carrier, Tracfone (which uses three carriers (T-Mobile, VZW, and Sprint) for backbone, may well be worth considering.  (If, however, you insist on sticking to your current carrier, Amazon may be a better bet.))

Tracfone and HSN have recently added the Samsung Galaxy J3 to their arsenal of midrange and lower-tier new smartphones - it's the Android smartphone I've previously called best entry-level smartphone.  It's basically a lower-tier (SuperAMOLED) and smaller version of the Galaxy S6/S7 minus Gear/VR compatibility; still, it supports microSD cards (BIG microSD cards - up to 128GB worth).  My mom's fiancé has a VZW-prepaid one, and my mom has followed suit since.  (Mom has issues with Google Photos - which is why I wound up with her old phone - which got a blanking and far-different firmware before I took it to Tracfone; which leads me to think her trouble was related to firmware, since I didn't have the redness issue with Photos on 7.1 that she had stock - which is 4.2.2.)  If you've seen the Samsung Galaxy SuperAMOLED on HSN.COM or HSN on TV, that is the phone I'm referring to.

I have no idea of the phone is available in AT&T Mobility guise; however, I'd be surprised if it weren't.

8 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

The Moto G Play (4th gen) will do what most people want from a phone very well, you could get the larger 32gb version if 16gb is not enough.

The Moto G series is great indeed, though I went for a Moto Nexus 6 since I was able to get it for the same price, and I just love oled screens :p

15 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

The Moto G Play (4th gen) will do what most people want from a phone very well, you could get the larger 32gb version if 16gb is not enough.

This would be pretty high up my list also.  Very good phone for the money.