Vista/Office 2k7 ISOs for repair job/service?

So Microsoft has made it somewhat easy to download images for DVD-Rs or USB keys for modern Windows. Unfortunately we are still at a point where the older stuff is very difficult to find and I dislike shady piracy sites. Is there a good/safe way to get legit Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 Home and Student disc images for service and repair jobs (i.e. I have the product keys, just no media to use them with)?

A quick Googling produces several links with various levels of authenticity.

That said, in 2016, the best thing to do to a PC running Vista and Office 2007 is to put it out of its misery (possibly with a hammer).

• Like 3

I'm looking for you. I made a thread one time where i posted all the links to all the different versions of office. I'm trying to find it for you to see if the links on the thread still work. In the mean time, here are links to the 2013 versions

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/73-office-2013-direct-download-links

Well I found the thread, looks like all the links are dead but they do still have the exe file names that you can use to search the net for.

Alright, so it looks like you can still get them via archive.org... Looks like archive.org archived digital river.

http://wade.be/2011/10/25/microsoft-office-2007-downloads/

As far as Windows Visa goes my suggestion would be to go to the MSDN site and look for Windows Vista. All you want from that website are the SHA1 Hashes

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/hh442898.aspx#searchTerm=&ProductFamilyId=146&Languages=en&PageSize=10&PageIndex=0&FileId=0

Once you have those you can go explore the internet even searching using the hashes. Then once you have the ISO you can check the hash to make sure it's been unaltered. I really like a program called "Hash Tab" which puts a tab in the right click property dialog box.

http://implbits.com/products/hashtab/

• Like 1

I can help you out with Windows Vista which has SP2 integrated (32bit or 64bit).

The SHA1 will match what you can publicly see on Technet / MSDN so you can confirm yourself it's legit and untouched.

Unfortunately for Office 2007 I only have media for Enterprise, Professional, Professional Plus and Ultimate Editions.

Hello,

I think it cost me about $500 a year back when I had a consulting business.  That was about twelve years ago.  Has the price gone up much since then?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 11/29/2016 at 1:35 AM, Danielx64 said:

You know how much that would cost?

The Windows ISO Downloader tool from heidoc.net can download Office 2007 ISOs directly from Microsoft.  However, the tool can only download the Home & Student, Small Business and Professional editions of Office 2007 ISO images.

As for Vista, go with what InsaneNutter said, get the Vista SP2 ISO image - the All edition one, which has Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Business & Ultimate editions - ALL in one big DVD ISO image; only the product key entered during setup will determine what edition of Vista gets installed.  Note that the Starter edition of Vista is 32bit only.

Edited by erpster3

3 minutes ago, rmorris003 said:

I'm sorry but 2017 does not exist

where are you reading that?

care to quote it?  everything here that I see either states 2k7 or 2007  (fwiw, 2k7=2007)...a search only shows "17" in your post in the entire page.

On 11/29/2016 at 4:30 AM, goretsky said:

Hello,

Have you looked into obtaining a Microsoft Action Pack subscription?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

From the website:

Action Pack moves your cloud business forward

• Sell approximately two times more cloud volume than network members1 when you utilize cloud benefits as an Action Pack partner. Run your business with speed and agility for $475 per year when you use a robust set of Microsoft software. Additional benefits:
  • Use world-class developer tools to create applications and solutions for your customers on iOS, Android, Linux, and Windows
  • Includes ten Windows 10 Enterprise (upgrade) licenses, three Visual Studio Professional licenses, and a no-cost Visual Studio Team Services account
  • Get up to ten Office 365 (E3) seats, plus five seats of Enterprise Mobility Suite and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Professional2
  • Receive US$100 of Microsoft Azure credits per month

3 hours ago, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

That tool does not offer Windows Vista, however it does offer Office 2007.

OP just google these ISOs and check the SHA1 and you will be fine.

Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 (x86) - DVD (English)

File Name:en_windows_vista_with_sp2_x86_dvd_342266.iso
Languages:English
SHA1:25AD9A776503E6A583BEC07879DBCC5DFD20CD6E

Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 (x64) - DVD (English)

File Name:en_windows_vista_sp2_x64_dvd_342267.iso
Languages:English
SHA1:AAEE3C04533899F9F8C4AE0C4250EF5FAFBE29A3

These Vista discs include all versions, but require a legitemate serial number. The file names and SHA1 are directly from Microsoft. Office 2007 you can download using the above tool.

3 hours ago, Circaflex said:

That tool does not offer Windows Vista, however it does offer Office 2007.

OP just google these ISOs and check the SHA1 and you will be fine.

These Vista discs include all versions, but require a legitemate serial number. The file names and SHA1 are directly from Microsoft. Office 2007 you can download using the above tool.

So, we're halfway there?

You can download Office 2007 that matches your license key from here : https://products.office.com/en-au/download-office-2007

I've used that in the past with no issues for my customers. Will automatically match to the SKU you're licensed for.

Edit : Or you can use this link : https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/office to download Office 2007, 2010 or 2011 (for Mac)