Advice on which monitor to buy?

I don't know whether a monitor is a monitor or whether there's more to it. I imagine there surely has to be.

Basically i use it for casual browsing, video watching & playing games including online multiplayer games.

It has to be a 22". There's no "if you can stretch to" ... i can't. Where the monitor is placed i can't fit a bigger monitor in, otherwise i would've been considering a 24".

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Computer/cat/Monitors/subcat/22"-Monitors

My budget would be about £150.

22 minutes ago, Technique said:

I don't know whether a monitor is a monitor or whether there's more to it. I imagine there surely has to be.

Basically i use it for casual browsing, video watching & playing games including online multiplayer games.

It has to be a 22". There's no "if you can stretch to" ... i can't. Where the monitor is placed i can't fit a bigger monitor in, otherwise i would've been considering a 24".

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Computer/cat/Monitors/subcat/22"-Monitors

My budget would be about £150.

Look for IPS panel with high refresh rate and no more than 5 milli seconds response time since You will be gaming. Also look for White Led option if available, since most of LED monitors have blue tint to them and that can be distracting and sleep damaging.

What about the Dell P2217H?

It's 21.5", 1080p, has an IPS panel (better colours / viewing angles compared to cheaper TN panel monitors), a height-adjustable stand and is in budget at less than £150. It's Inputs are VGA, HDMI and Display Port so your covered there.

It has everything I would look for in a monitor anyway, I've owned various Dell monitors over the years and have been very happy with them.

I currently have a 24" Dell U2412M.

Honeslty, I think you need to raise your budget - I dont think you can find anything of quality @ that price range.

For gaming - you need to look @ high MHz (refresh rates) - Benq makes some good ones close to the price range you are looking @.  

IPS has better image than TN, but you might have a white bleeding around the edge of the screen with IPS.

2 minutes ago, Technique said:

Out of interest what budget do you think i should be looking at?

Well - I just saw where you said it has to be 22", so you should probably forget what I said.

I dont know of anything currently on the market @ that size.  Maybe your budget is OK for 22" monitors - I have never looked @ anything in that size/price range - so I wouldnt be the best person to ask.

Sorry for not seeing that comment before.

Actually I may be able to take a 24". 

I measured & my & my current one is actually less than 22" so I googled some dimensions of a 24" & I think it'll fit. 

So does that help with the recommendations any? 

Decent monitor with Freesync if you have AMD card:

http://www.ebuyer.com/748121-lg-22mp68vq-21-5-ips-full-hd-monitor-22mp68vq-p

24" version of the same:

http://www.ebuyer.com/753117-lg-24mp48hq-24-full-hd-ips-monitor-24mp48hq

There are a few other LGs that are a little more expensive, but not sure the differences.

I had an HP 25xi and now have two 27xw for home.  Have similar 23" models at work.  All IPS.  Love them.  Not sure if you can find something similar.

7 minutes ago, farmeunit said:

Not the same version. The first is the new smaller monitor with Freesync and the second is older bigger monitor without Freesync.

Hen

5 hours ago, kev64 said:

Not the same version. The first is the new smaller monitor with Freesync and the second is older bigger monitor without Freesync.

Hence me mentioning there are other LG models, but I didn't know the differences between them all....