Delete folder/files - access denied

My PC originally came with a normal SATA HD with Windows 7 installed.

Then I got an SSD and did a fresh installation of Windows 7 on the SSD.

The SSD is labeled C: while SATA HD is D:\

Now I am trying to delete the SATA's folders:

Program Files\

Program Files (x86)\

ProgramData\

Windows\

but it won't let me. I've tried Unlocker program, and even force delete command-prompt in Adminstrator-mode.

I even booted up in SAFE-MODE and it still says "Access Denied".

I've compared the C:\ with the corresponding D:\ folders and noted that the files already exist in C:\...

BUT Program Files\ is newer on C:\

WHILST the other 3 folders, D:\ seems newer.

If Windows 7 still uses folders/files from SATA D:\ (even though I did a fresh installation in C:\..... how can I transfer them to C:\ and get them deleted from D:?

PS: I could just take the SATA D:\ out and see what happens

You'll know if the computer is still requiring files from D:\ by disconnecting the drive and attempting to boot with just the SSD connected. That way if it boots, the HDD is not needed and we can try and figure out why you can't delete the files/folders. If not, then you may want to try a clean install of Windows with just the SSD connected.

So your going to have an issue with ntfs permissions.  You would need to take ownership of the folders and everything below them, then you cold delete.

The idea of removing the disk and validation that your not needing anything on that disk for boot or programs is a good one.. Use your system like that for a fair amount of time so your sure you have nothing on that disk you need to run your stuff... Then yes just format it!