Question for Amazon.co.uk users

OK, on the 21st of November I ordered from Amazon.co.uk Harry Potter on Blu-Ray for 23.33 GBP plus shipping, but it worked out even with the shipping and converting to USD cheaper then it was being sold from amazon.com (US site) I ordered this for my daughter and it was stated that it should be delivered no later then the 5th of December. Well it has not come in yet 2 days after it was expected, and the carrier has no tracking on it. When I chatted with them Monday night (early morning UK) they refunded me the shipping charges and said it should be in the next day more then likely. I was at work all day yesterday so i could not do anything, but today it still has not been delivered and I chatted them up again and was told that the 5th was the beginning of the 'window' and that it could be as late as the 14th and if it does not show by then they can issue a refund or other options. Has anybody else had experience with ordering from amazon.co.uk for delivery to the US or ordered from the US for UK delivery? I am really wondering what I should do at this point. My wife and daughter are leaving the weekend of the 17th to travel to her mother's place, so she would not be at home to accept any packages after that point in time.

I've got something on order from Amazon US because the thing is only available that way. (Through Amazon UK, AMEX translated the price and it says on the Amazon ordering page that this is happening)

Now I put this down to everything been kind of messed up at Christmas, Including Late night deliveries (8PM plus) and Deliveries on a Sunday which surprised me the first time it happened.

I contacted them again, and this time they refunded me the whole purchase price, declaring it lost in transit. I think I will stick with Amazon US from now on! BTW: does anyone know if Amazon (US) will price match Amazon (UK)? The whole reason for buying from UK was that even with the conversion it was cheaper then the US equivalent. 

US<->UK orders from anywhere can take quite a while to arrive, it's nothing out of the ordinary, especially at this time of year. What shipping option did you choose?

Amazon do not price match competitors, let alone currencies. How much are you actually saving here? I can't imagine BR costs that much to be worth the hassle?

I use Amazon UK from time to time. Usually 10 or so days to get a package to the USA. My last order was for a big cd box set, that took 3 weeks to show up, ordered later October. Ive never had anything get lost. Are you sure you can play the UK bluray?