Neowin Members' Digital Gallery 2017

Welcome to the Neowin photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

Try to put more details from your camera settings (EXIF) and also talk about what you have done with Photoshop (or similar).
There are a lot of photographers here that like your editing skills and would like to learn more.

The previous thread can be found here.

Posting your photos is made easier thanks to a member contribution! Argote created a Flickr to IPB webapp, thanks! [direct link to app

You can find the Neowin Flickr group here.

Alright guys, lets get this thread going,

An amateur firework shot,  but considering it was at ISO Speed - 12800, id say it turned out decentish

32153992356_c14f83a0d2_k.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Alright guys, lets get this thread going,

An amateur firework shot,  but considering it was at ISO Speed - 12800, id say it turned out decentish

snipped

Not bad.  If it was me, I'd use bulb mode (or long exposure).   That reminded me of the pictures I did back in July a few years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Cool! awesomesauce, you should definitely shoot more taz!!! get to it and posting of course.

I am trying to. I have plans in 2 weeks and I will have camera with me.  If it's too cold, I am not going. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/1/2017 at 11:12 AM, dipsylalapo said:

31577646773_e51bf45e58_h.jpg

A few that I took near the office during my lunch break.

I like the contrast between the red and the green!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Still have snow?! Damn, I'm liking Florida more and more! :D But I grew up in Oregon and lived there for 20+ years so I am well aware of what snow is, and I do miss it, sometimes! :laugh:

1 minute ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Still have snow?! Damn, I'm liking Florida more and more! :D But I grew up in Oregon and lived there for 20+ years so I am well aware of what snow is, and I do miss it, sometimes! :laugh:

If I never saw snow ever again, I would not miss it.

Just now, jnelsoninjax said:

@Dot Matrix, that is a really nice picture there! Do you find allot of abandoned locations in the NY area?

Thank you! Yes, there were quite a couple abandoned spots in and around Rochester, but they've been slowly demolished over the past 4 years. The above tunnel was just recently sealed off. There was an abandoned sanitarium nearby me as well, that was leveled for a Costco. Wish I could have gotten pics of that before it was removed. :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dot Matrix said:

Thank you! Yes, there were quite a couple abandoned spots in and around Rochester, but they've been slowly demolished over the past 4 years. The above tunnel was just recently sealed off. There was an abandoned sanitarium nearby me as well, that was leveled for a Costco. Wish I could have gotten pics of that before it was removed. :(

There is an abandoned sanatorium in my town.  I went there before the owners bought the property,  They are slowly restoring it.   Maybe someday, I go there to take some pictures during the day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2017 at 3:31 PM, TAZMINATOR said:

There is an abandoned sanatorium in my town.  I went there before the owners bought the property,  They are slowly restoring it.   Maybe someday, I go there to take some pictures during the day.

pics or it didn't happen.

• Like 1

slightly recent, taken with LG G3 that was a brutally scratched lens, hence the blurriness, but I love this pic, you can tell the animal is happy and so Is the dog... I mean :huh:

OYIhJxZ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

RV?   Yours?  Nice shot.

My parents, my Mom was washing the Windows with Vinegar, Dishshop and Water :). The Photo was taken at their farm this morning.

On 10/04/2017 at 3:05 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

The man! The myth! The bokeh legend!!!!!!!!!!!!! ze man on the moon aka Moonman aka ricky and a father once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sup!!!

looks like guppy you are the only one still around! :p yes yes thank you! :p here is the newest addition :D

33776414622_ee870a8117_b.jpgL1017205 by Ricky Cheong Photography, on Flickr

• Like 1