Still seeing posts from someone who is on my ignore list

I have a certain person marked as ignored, but I still see posts from them show up in mini-spy as well as the forums. I have removed and re-added the user to the ignore list and it is still happening.

So which user? :shifty:

In all seriousness though, does it matter? I mean, as long as they are not mentioning you. You can skip past their posts without any issues.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

Why ignoring anyone at all? Difference of opinions is what makes us understand each other better, or learn something. If that was the case.

wow! Very sound advice!

@jnelsoninjax im sorry for whatever I did :huh: 

@LimeMaster@Yogurth

Why does it matter his reasoning? Its a feature this site provides and it appears to not be functional. Instead of badgering him for his reasoning (which isn't your concern to be frank), lets await a site developer to look into the issue.

26 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

Why ignoring anyone at all? Difference of opinions is what makes us understand each other better, or learn something. If that was the case.

Because often times it makes more since to ignore them than to continue seeing their garbage. Would you keep watching a movie you hate, or would you choose to not see it ever again?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zidane said:

@LimeMaster@Yogurth

Why does it matter his reasoning? Its a feature this site provides and it appears to not be functional. Instead of badgering him for his reasoning (which isn't your concern to be frank), lets await a site developer to look into the issue.

You are naturally correct, I was simply looking at things from my own perspective where I would not need the feature at all :) My bad.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

What about the lame/nosense posts?  Andrea Borman, for example. She doesn't make sense at all.

3 minutes ago, Zidane said:

@LimeMaster@Yogurth

Just curious, that's all. I'm sure you've been curious before too,

Obviously the feature will get fixed, but it's not like any of us can fix it, so I thought "Why not start a discussion?". :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

What about the lame/nosense posts?  Andrea Borman, for example. She doesn't make sense at all.

Honestly I don'y know who she is but I get the gist :)

There are few members here that write their posts in a manner that is harder for me to comprehend, their line of thought or sentence flow is something that comes unnaturally to me in the way I think or form sentences. When we have a discussion from time to time it would be easier for me to just ignore it, but I make the effort every time to read the posts few times if necessary to understand what are they talking about, it seems only fair to do so even if I don't agree. in no way though they write lame or nonsense posts, just different :)

Edited by Yogurth

1 minute ago, Yogurth said:

Honestly I don'y know who she is but I get the gist :)

There are few members here that write their posts in a manner that is harder for me to comprehend, their line of thought or sentence flow is something that comes unnaturally to me in the way I think or form sentences. When we have a discussion from time to time it would be easier for me to just ignore it, but I make the effort every time to read the posts few times if necessary to understand what are they talking about, it seems only fair to do so even if I don't agree.

She is on YouTube and you will see why. Look her up.

29 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

C'mon. Don't you want to run MSN Messenger 1.0 on the Creators Update, in pink and with purple text? Surely, in your usage of Windows 10 you must find a need for a 17 year-old program with a colour scheme that would make blind people look away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yogurth said:

Some people of this board follow you around and post on things just to create drama. "Ignore" can be a  tool, not always only a difference of opinion.

17 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

Some people of this board follow you around and post on things just to create drama. "Ignore" can be a  tool, not always only a difference of opinion.

That happens too, eh :(

You can ignore them without placing them on a list at least not all of the boxes need to be checked. I think I only have one ignored not sure, if so I will remove it.

I know when you would ignore someone you would still see their post but you had the click it to show the content. So then, of course, you were always tempted to see what stupid ###### they said next.

Is it setup now where if you ignore someone the topics they create and their comments don't even show up? At least that's how it should be. Man, if that was the case I wouldn't puke in my mouth every time I open domestic politics forum and see the letter W. :D

• 2 weeks later...

This problem is happening to me too. The funny thing i was in a thread. One post was ignored, another right afterwards was not. 

On 1/10/2017 at 11:36 PM, warwagon said:

I know when you would ignore someone you would still see their post but you had the click it to show the content. So then, of course, you were always tempted to see what stupid ###### they said next.

Is it setup now where if you ignore someone the topics they create and their comments don't even show up? At least that's how it should be. Man, if that was the case I wouldn't puke in my mouth every time I open domestic politics forum and see the letter W. :D

lol Warwagon, why on earth would you want to block yourself??  :woot:

hahahah I jest, you know I think your one of the diamonds here :) 

18 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

This problem is happening to me too. The funny thing i was in a thread. One post was ignored, another right afterwards was not. 

fine then poohead, ill block ya right back :woot: 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

If one is on the ignore list, no traces of that user should even be seen anywhere.

ive seen if someone quotes the blocked user, it sometimes shows up in the quoting system. but thats fair enough.

Ive always maintained not blocking anyone, as we all have our own opinions/views, but recently (last 6 months) ive have been. maybe its me becoming less tolerant, or chumps are getting more vocal, not sure, maybe both.