Windows 10 Is The Worst OS Ever Created.

I have downloaded Windows 10 from torrents (beta, was fine at that time), official site, from Bootcamp official with official serial numbers ETC, and every single time I've installed it, it has given me viruses, spyware, ram and CPU hijacking apps, apps stuck in Windows folders, apps in temp folders ETC, spyware and viruses! Right on a new installation! As soon as I connected to the internet, it gave me those problems. This is probably, what, the 6th time this has happened on 3 different computers and done from fresh drives. What the hell is going on!?

I could have saved more screenshots if I could have ACTUALLY USED my system after 3 hours of removing software each time. This is immediately after a Windows 10 download from MacOS Windows 10 utility download, but I've gotten viruses with every other possible W10 distro there is and my drives were clean as a whistle before or were just brand new drives. ONLY with Windows 10.

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, John Teacake said:

"downloaded Windows 10 from torrent" 

End of Thread. 

If you actually read, I said during the beta period. I see why you have 10k posts, because you think it makes you somewhat special. I also said during the beta period it worked fine, and those "torrent" links were from a Windows forum that once had original ISO links before Microsoft changed it.

3 minutes ago, HeLGeN-X said:

If you actually read, I said during the beta period. I see why you have 10k posts, because you think it makes you somewhat special.

It's not that at all, I have a reputation which has been carefully cultivated over the years of which I have been deemed to be "special". What this about is the lack of technical knowledge on a what is a predominantly technical forum. We are here to help share experience and knowledge to those willing to learn. Simply bashing "Windows 10" is not the right way to go. If you downloaded Windows 10 from Torrent site's there is an inherent risk of it been loaded with crap from the start. Plus its BETA for a reason its not fully tested and prone to bugs which would allow the proliferation of malware/spyware.  

We need more information really, I dont suspect the problem is with Windows 10 as a whole. 

2 minutes ago, HeLGeN-X said:

If you actually read, I said during the beta period. I see why you have 10k posts, because you think it makes you somewhat special.

Well that's not really the behavior to have if you would like some help...

What I can't understand is how you are using a legitimate copy like myself and the rest of the World, but no one else is reporting this issue. Where are you getting your legitimate copy from? Microsoft's website?

You're still not holding any "merit" to whatever degree of "experience" you have just by targeting a specific keyword in a thread which had more than 2 paragraphs of info, therefore whatever you say thus far holds no meaning, and I'm posting this just to make sure you are aware of it.

Now for anyone else who's coherent, as I said before, this has happened multiple times. I have a digital copy of Windows 10 and another copy for my Bootcamp on my Mac, two different serials from manufacturers I've purchased from when I bought a new computer, and I've been receiving these spyware apps on all of them. 

ONCE AGAIN, I've used a purchased serial key and was able to download it from MacOS Sierra's Boot Camp Assistant (can't download it without a valid serial key anyway,) and this is exactly what happened. Not saying because I downloaded it through a Mac it should make it any more special, but this has happened numerous times.

4 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Well that's not really the behavior to have if you would like some help...

What I can't understand is how you are using a legitimate copy like myself and the rest of the World, but no one else is reporting this issue. Where are you getting your legitimate copy from? Microsoft's website?

From the Boot Camp Assistant which connects to the official Microsoft download server for Windows 10 download with official serial.

I mentioned the "torrented version" because that was the ONLY version I never had any problems with aside from just early release glitches to further explain my experience in delving into Windows and nothing more.

So you connect a fresh machine to the internet and instantly get a virus? No mention of the sites you have visited or if you have antivirus on them.

I have windows 10 at home and in the office and have NEVER had these issues. So makes me think this is a PEBKAC issue.

I should mention other problems I had on this previous install which exactly happened to a previous-previous install... The exact same thing, and the other installation was also downloaded using a serial from the official MIcrosoft site that I was going to use on laptop and it was so spyware and virus ridden that I had to install Linux on it (now fine.)

I wasn't aware you could buy Windows 10 or a CD key from Apple or the MacOS Sierra's Boot Camp Assistant but fair enough if that's what you did. Have you spoke to Apple and informed them that their copy of Windows 10 they distribute has Malware/Spyware on it? They would be very interested to know. 

I'm MORE of a network guy, So I am wondering if you are connecting your computers to a Public facing network/IP without any firewall/filtering in place you could be instantly hacked within mere hours. Highly unlikely in this case but it's possible. Or perhaps you are on a network with infected machines, Are you attaching to any network shares when you use these PC's. It's something worth thinking about. 

Maybe you could have a look here....

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201468

Just now, restroom said:

So you connect a fresh machine to the internet and instantly get a virus? No mention of the sites you have visited or if you have antivirus on them.

I have windows 10 at home and in the office and have NEVER had these issues. So makes me think this is a PEBKAC issue.

Exactly. I installed the official Windows 10 to a partition on my MB downloaded through the BC Assistant and as soon as I connected online, Edge opened up and went to some javascripted site and started installing spyware as seen above and this has happened multiple times. There may be one thing that could have ruined it which I did which never affected me on Windows 7, but I open UAC to change the permissions and put it to the 3rd level so that I don't get the grey/darkened screen popups when installing apps, but I never had this problem on Windows 7, EVER.

1 minute ago, HeLGeN-X said:

Exactly. I installed the official Windows 10 to a partition on my MB downloaded through the BC Assistant and as soon as I connected online, Edge opened up and went to some javascripted site and started installing spyware as seen above and this has happened multiple times. There may be one thing that could have ruined it which I did which never affected me on Windows 7, but I open UAC to change the permissions and put it to the 3rd level so that I don't get the grey/darkened screen popups when installing apps, but I never had this problem on Windows 7, EVER.

Sounds like a dodgy version of Windows TBH. I have never heard or seen anything like this happening before. Still believe this is PEBKAC.

That's certainly a strange issue you have there, I suspect you might be on an infected network. Where did you download the Windows 10, I am still unclear about that part. I wasn't aware that Apple would download Windows 10 for you using the Boot Camp Assistant. I always thought you had to have your OWN ISO/copy of Windows to do it but they may have changed this since I last used a Mac. Maybe Mac people can clarify this for us. 

2 minutes ago, John Teacake said:

I wasn't aware you could buy Windows 10 or a CD key from Apple or the MacOS Sierra's Boot Camp Assistant but fair enough if that's what you did. Have you spoke to Apple and informed them that their copy of Windows 10 they distribute has Malware/Spyware on it? They would be very interested to know. 

I'm MORE of a network guy, So I am wondering if you are connecting your computers to a Public facing network/IP without any firewall/filtering. Highly unlikely in this case but it's possible. 

Maybe you could have a look here....

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201468

Okay, I understand and take back my anger, but as you can see, I am angry though not at you, it's this whole situation. I used my serial key from my laptop *which is having problems as I said before and installed Linux to it* and yes, you can use your official serial key regardless as long as it's for your version you are downloading (in my case, it's Windows 10 Pro.) Believe me, I know how to remove trojans, viruses, spyware manually without the need for tools and I've been doing this for years, but quite frankly, I am so sick of this every time I want to install Windows 10. I'd stick to 7, but I have some audio hardware that the drivers only work on XP and 10, not 7 and god knows we all hate 8.

1 minute ago, Frank B. said:

This sounds like a severe case of PEBCAK to me, to be honest.

On a side note, I just realised I was using PEBKAC and not PEBCAK. What an ID 10 T error right there :p

• Like 2

Okay, I understand and take back my anger, but as you can see, I am angry though not at you, it's this whole situation. I used my serial key from my laptop *which is having problems as I said before and installed Linux to it* and yes, you can use your official serial key regardless as long as it's for your version you are downloading (in my case, it's Windows 10 Pro.) Believe me, I know how to remove trojans, viruses, spyware manually without the need for tools and I've been doing this for years, but quite frankly, I am so sick of this every time I want to install Windows 10. I'd stick to 7, but I have some audio hardware that the drivers only work on XP and 10, not 7 and god knows we all hate 8.

Nope. Still don't think this is Windows 10 related.

Do you have a legit copy from another LEGITIMATE source that you can install and see if you have the same issue?

6 minutes ago, HeLGeN-X said:

Malware is becoming ever more sophisticated to remove manually, Anyway I digress. So if you have an ISO of Windows 10 maybe you can check the hash against a known good version I am sure they will be published somewhere to verify the integrity of the data. If the hash's match your copy and the legit copy then it must be something else. If they dont match then you may have a compromised/infected version of Windows from the start.  

Where exactly are you downloading it from again? I am not convinced Apple lets you download Windows. If you can prove me wrong. Apple would also not likely be able to verify Windows serial keys. 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203909

On that site it says you have to provide an ISO. 

It's not "PEBCAK", I know what I'm doing, this usually occurs when as soon as I open Edge browser, and for the final time I'll say I was using a fresh installation with official serial number, two different official serial numbers from OEM's from a laptop and a desktop I have in fact. Just take a look at the first picture I posted, that was right after my initial installation, why would I make something up like that and vent it here, I've been here for a while. Don't post much anymore but honest to whatever anyones belief is, I am not making this up or trying to start beef, this is seriously a big issue with me and W10. I put this on my dads computer too, officially downloaded from Windows update on a computer with no spyware/viruses, and the same thing happened, this was 2 weeks ago and I spent 2 hours removing all the issues and now his computer is so unstable, I had to opt to going to Windows 7 and now everything is fine.

Ugh and I know my stupid "1337" username is hard to take seriously, but I made this account back when that was a thing and the moderators never changed it regardless I asked multiple times, never even got a response to be honest. Nevertheless, I will check the hash on some other source I get it from. I swear I downloaded it from the MS download app once too and this still happened, though that was a while ago and I have no proof for that one. I can't even trust microsofts official server because this is exactly where I'm getting the ISO from and putting them on a clean drive which is always formatted clean every time before installation.

are you using a copy of windows 10 downloaded from the Microsoft website or a copy you got from a forum or a torrent to install on your mac. Also before you installed the windows 10 os did you clean the partition using diskutil first?

11 minutes ago, John Teacake said:

I always thought you had to have your OWN ISO/copy of Windows to do it but they may have changed this since I last used a Mac. Maybe Mac people can clarify this for us. 

As far as I'm still aware, you must have your own installation media still - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201468 I've certainly never seen the option for it to download directly from Microsoft servers for you. For reference here, I manage a number of Macs in a multi-site environment.

1 minute ago, John Teacake said:

Let's take out of the equation the serial numbers, Serial numbers don't verify the integrity of Windows and verify your copy of Windows first. 

Was just about to say this. 

Where, did your current ISO / Install media for Windows 10 come from? You mentioned the official Microsoft site so are you referring to here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO - I use the same ISO files and do not have this problem on any VM's that are currently running. 

4 minutes ago, HeLGeN-X said:

Ugh and I know my stupid "1337" username is hard to take seriously, but I made this account back when that was a thing and the moderators never changed it regardless I asked multiple times, never even got a response to be honest. Nevertheless, I will check the hash on some other source I get it from. I swear I downloaded it from the MS download app once too and this still happened, though that was a while ago and I have no proof for that one. I can't even trust microsofts official server because this is exactly where I'm getting the ISO from and putting them on a clean drive which is always formatted clean every time before installation.

can you re download the windows 10 iso from the below link and try that?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/

So we know you are using a offical copy

• Like 1