Each time I edit a post with a quote the quote box gets bigger.

There is an issue where each time you edit a post that has a quote in it the site adds a return to the bottom of the quote box.

As a test, quote me, submit it. Now edit your post and submit it. Do that 3 or 4 times and see how big the quote box gets.

Alright, looks like it might be an issue with the Grammarly Plugin.

... Anyone here using the Grammarly addon for chrome?

3 minutes ago, warwagon said:

There is an issue where each time you edit a post that has a quote in it the site adds a return to the bottom of the quote box.

As a test, quote me, submit it. Now edit your post and submit it. Do that 3 or 4 times and see how big the quote box gets.

Hi. :)

Edit 1: Nope.

Edit 2: Still nothing.

Edit 3: What browser are you using?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, warwagon said:

edit 1

edit 2

edit3

Edit you crazy warwagon

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

edit 1

edit 2

edit3

Edit you crazy warwagon

Edit 1:

Edit 2:

Alright, looks like it might be an issue with the Grammarly Plugin. :x

Just now, LimeMaster said:

What browser?

It is always the same size for me, unless what I am quoiting is larger like a paragraph and then the quote magically gets larger.

@warwagon is correct.

I've been experiencing the same issue for a while now.

I like my posts to be well-formatted and look neat and I've already gotten used to removing the empty space right after creating a new post. 

It's possible that the issue only affects those subscribers who're using Chrome.

2 hours ago, warwagon said:

Edit 1:

Edit 2:

Alright, looks like it might be an issue with the Grammarly Plugin. :x

Yeah Grammarly caused issues for me with the editor on other sites, it slips some hidden html in when it rewrites the dom for changes to the text and the editor puts it into the post.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Spellcheck should work through Chrome already (see below).

SNAG-0004.png

Yes, but Grammarly does grammar too

On 2/23/2017 at 5:03 PM, Steven P. said:

Spellcheck should work through Chrome already (see below).

SNAG-0004.png

I miss the source button for manually writing bbcode tags but it seems to be enabled for admins? Or is it an option that can be enabled per user?

50 minutes ago, Seahorsepip said:

I miss the source button for manually writing bbcode tags but it seems to be enabled for admins? Or is it an option that can be enabled per user?

So do I

5 hours ago, Seahorsepip said:

Its normally for highly trusted accounts as it allows you to post direct html and only shows up if you have that permission if I recall.

2 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

Its normally for highly trusted accounts as it allows you to post direct html and only shows up if you have that permission if I recall.

After some googling around it seems ipb got rid of the bbcode source button, typed bbcodes are now directly converted to html and the html is saved to the database after going trough a filter.

Just now, Seahorsepip said:

After some googling around it seems ipb got rid of the bbcode source button, typed bbcodes are now directly converted to html and the html is saved to the database after going trough a filter.

Yeah the source button now is only an admin tool.

I did not know the source button was removed for non admin accounts, but in any case we didn't remove it! I checked ACP and I see that the button is indeed gone.

7 hours ago, Steven P. said:

I did not know the source button was removed for non admin accounts, but in any case we didn't remove it! I checked ACP and I see that the button is indeed gone.

Yeah you have it as your group must have the "allow to post html" option turned on, naturally that can be a very dangerous feature which is why its restricted now.