Destiny 2 rumour: November 2017 release window, Bungie made a new engine from the ground up

Thursday, 9 February 2017 14:09 GMT By Shabana Arif

Destiny 2 rumours have been swirling around for months. Here’s another one to throw on the pile.

A sequel for Destiny has been confirmed and we know a few details about it already.

Guardians will be apparently be fighting the Cabal in the Tower, there will be a steady stream of content, and as well a bit of a reboot we might even see the game come to PC.

Considering the amount of information floating about in the ether already, it’s best to take the latest rumour with a pinch of salt, as it builds on what we already know, and may just be a fanciful load of old todgers.

Popping up over on Reddit, a user claims to have a source at Bungie “within the Administrative ranks”.

According to Inside_Leaks, Destiny 2: Forge of hope is going to be the sequel’s title, although considering how the names of the expansions usually work, that seems to be an odd choice, but if they’re giving the series an overhaul, it’s not entirely out of the question.

The story details are in line with what we’ve heard so far, so again, it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to flesh out the info.

“The sequel will heavily focus on chronological events set after the Fall 2015 Expansion The Taken King. The cabal forces attack the city leaving the civilians and mentors of the tower defenseless. It is the guardians job to fight back the cabal and reclaim the city.

“While doing so the guardian will discover the long lost stories of Queen Mara Sov and The Exo Strangers motives. The story will culminate with the tower and city fighting back the Cabal empire resulting the guardian defeating the leader of the Cabal in the new Raid.”

Continues...

• 2 weeks later...

I knew a Cabal raid was coming - it was meant to be in this Destiny (know someone who was an internal tester since Marathon days - he mentioned it a year ago). I am glad they have remade the engine too - the original Destiny engine was brilliant and smooth - still a great looking game. 

I've sunk about 1500 hours into Destiny - and whilst it feels stale now, I can't help thinking it was a huge value for money game. Loved it.

• 2 weeks later...

Potential announcement coming today, Deej has at least stated there will be some sort of schedule announced;

Source

Tomorrow, we’ll begin the conversation about what’s next, including some fresh challenges for you to tackle and the sandbox changes that were previewed last week. This article will hit the blog at 9AM Pacific. You should expect an announcement and a reveal schedule. You’ll be able to update your calendars. The countdown is about to begin.

Here's to hoping they let Destiny 1 go out on a bang and they just update all strikes, PoE, CoO and Raids to be highest light level and let the game run itself into the ground in preparation for Destiny 2.