USB Killer v3 - Now Even Deadlier

From the website ;)

Everything you need to test in one kit. The USB Killer is a CE Approved & FCC Approved testing device designed to test the surge protection circuitry of electronics to their limits - and beyond.

When plugged into a device, the USB Killer rapidly charges its capacitors from the USB power lines. When the device is charged, -200VDC is discharged over the data lines of the host device. This charge/discharge cycle is repeated many times per second, until the USB Killer is removed.

Simply put: used on unprotected equipment, the USB Killer instantly and permanently disables unprotected hardware.

Its compact size and flash-drive style housing makes it an important device in every pen-tester's toolkit.

Also included in the professional kit, the USB Kill Test Shield and official USB Kill Adaptor Pack.

5 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Just bought the anonymous version :shifty:

Just now, Boo Berry said:

Screw it, bought one of the anonymous editions, just because.

You guys better not leave those lying around the house....just imagine if one of you family members/friends picks it up looking for a spare USB stick ;)

• Like 2

Why is this legal? I like how they are selling it as a "tester". Yeah right. You wouldn't test your hardware with something that will destroy it.

The only purpose I can see for this is ruining other people's property.

Edited by Rigby

7 minutes ago, Rigby said:

Why is this legal? I like how they are selling it as a "tester". Yeah right. You wouldn't test your hardware with something that will destroy it.

The only purpose I can see for this is destroying other people's property.

No, I will only do good things with it - trust me...  send me your laptop, I'll show you... you can trust me :D

• Like 2

11 hours ago, T3X4S said:

No, I will only do good things with it - trust me...  send me your laptop, I'll show you... you can trust me :D

Are you a doctor as well? :D I would buy one of these then go to wal-mart, enough said? :laugh:

12 hours ago, compl3x said:

Sorry to be dense, but what legitimate purpose does this serve? I've heard of them, but only people joking about how to misuse them.

See above or check out their website. 

Of course things like this will be abused, it's unfortunate. 

5 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

See above or check out their website. 

Of course things like this will be abused, it's unfortunate. 

Testing surge protection? Who has to do these sorts of things and when?

20 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Are you a doctor as well? :D I would buy one of these then go to wal-mart, enough said? :laugh:

LOL - I thought of the same thing - going to a store I loathe - and just walking down a line -frying everything... but... I would never ever do such a thing :shifty:

1 hour ago, warwagon said:

Who wants to buy one of these just to "drop it" on the floor at walmart.

Its funny - 3 people mentioning Wal-mart for something like this.... speaks volumes

Just now, T3X4S said:

LOL - I thought of the same thing - going to a store I loathe - and just walking down a line -frying everything... but... I would never ever do such a thing :shifty:

Oh, sure you wouldn't, you would just pay some random guy to do it for you! :laugh: