AMD officially launches Ryzen processors

Holy bovine, 52% more instructions per clock. That is some much-needed but nonetheless impressive advancement.

Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself (Athlon era) and we get fair competition between AMD and Intel this time.

• Like 2

So, they aren't launched.... why do sites insist on posting this garbage when the actual launch/release date is March 2nd..

And that's 52% increase of IPC over bulldozer which is 2011 technology, so no surprise there.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, xendrome said:

So, they aren't launched.... why do sites insist on posting this garbage when the actual launch/release date is March 2nd..

And that's 52% increase of IPC over bulldozer which is 2011 technology, so no surprise there.

I think NDAs lift? dunno

• Like 2

if the perf is genuine in real world tests, then its a good thing regardless of chip maker you buy into, good to have AMD in the same decade of chip manufacture now. Only AMD push intel to improve, this has been obvious since the i series chips were released, there is virtually no performance difference for example in both my i7s a clock 2600k @5Ghz versus a 7700k at 5Ghz....that doesnt seem right, but when there is no real challenger to the i7s what drives them to improve substantially, looks like there is now, just intime for 8th gen and hex/octo cores with HT ;) then the race begins all over again.

Only one winner.....the consumer!

Ill wait till i see independent real world benchmarking, without AMDs added "fluff" ;) or hyperbole. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Compared to Intel's improvement of ~21%  over the same time period these 52% are from another dimension.

cb11-single.png

26 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Eh, they had set a goal of 40% and even then many were skeptical they could achieve that. And it's actually compared to Excavator which already had IPC improvements over the original Bulldozer.

1 hour ago, Mockingbird said:
18 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

Compared to Intel's improvement of ~21%  over the same time period these 52% are from another dimension.

No, it shows you how out of the game AMD have been for the last few years until this release of Ryzen ;) but Kudos to them for reaching 2016 era of CPU manufacture, thats an impressive engineering feat.

1 hour ago, Mockingbird said:

If this doesn't make it to the front page, I don't know what to say.

... compare to this: https://www.neowin.net/news/intel-to-release-8th-generation-of-core-cpus-later-this-year

it made front page, but it doesnt look like you received any credit. what a shame

https://www.neowin.net/news/amd-ryzen-sales-to-begin-on-march-2nd-bookings-open-today

• Like 1

Three stock coolers confirmed:

Wraith Spire, Wraith Stealth and Wraith Max as shown below -

mUN51fW.jpg

nv9BY3N.jpg

3wVPR6A.jpg

Some of the nicest looking stock coolers imo :)

and yes, they glow :D

• Like 2

Just now, Crisp said:

Three stock coolers confirmed:

Wraith Spire, Wraith Stealth and Wraith Max as shown below -

mUN51fW.jpg

nv9BY3N.jpg

3wVPR6A.jpg

Some of the nicest looking stock coolers imo :)

are these "wraith" from another oem?

• Like 2

The stock Wraith coolers are supposedly 140 watt coolers, so that's an indication that they don't expect them to peak above 140 watts at stock speed.

• Like 1