When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Google opens registrations for I/O developer conference

After announcing its plans to do so last week, Google has opened registrations for its annual developer conference.

As with last year's event, Google I/O will be held at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California, and will run from May 17 to 19.

Tickets are priced at $1,150; those who qualify for academic concessions will be charged $375 to attend. That's quite an increase compared with last year, when attendees were asked to pay $900, or $300, respectively.

Like Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference, Google is inviting those who wish to attend to register their interest between now and 5pm on February 27. "Applicants will be chosen at random after the drawing application window has ended," Google explained.

You can only apply once, and of course, application is no guarantee of selection. But if you are selected, you will be automatically charged for a ticket, so don't apply if you're not certain that you'll be able to attend. Successful applicants will receive their tickets via email on February 28.

Source: Google I/O

Report a problem with article
Next Article

T-Mobile offers up to 50% off on the LG V20, Samsung Galaxy S7, and S7 edge

Previous Article

Instagram finally supports sharing multiple photos and videos in one post [Update]