Lawyer: Racist Note Given To Black Waitress is Fake

Lawyer: Racist Note Given To Black Waitress is Fake
by Jerome Hudson | 26 Feb 2017

Black waitress Kelly Carter received thousands of dollars in donations after she claimed that a white couple wrote “great service don’t tip black people” on their check. But a lawyer for the customer say Carter made it all up.

“Our client did not nor would he ever write anything about refusing to tip African Americans because of their race,” Daniel Hebda a lawyer working on behalf of the patron said, according to WTOP.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/26/lawyer-racist-note-given-black-waitress-fake/
https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/02/waitress-accused-racist-note/
http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/25/lawyer-racist-note-given-to-black-waitress-in-virginia-is-a-fake/?utm_campaign=thedcmainpage&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social

Sigh, this really shouldn't be a surprise, and the waitress should've known eventually that once the media got a hold of it they in the course of due diligence would of course contact the person whom allegedly wrote the note. This also is not the first time that we've heard about fake messages be added to receipts, so this is not a really big shocker. I personally have never written a note on a receipt regarding a tip or no tip, and I have had issues with a few local pizza chains whom felt it was okay for them to take a tip and adjust the total (this happened to my wife, as I always draw a line through the tip box), so I am not saying that stories like this are totally unheard of, but when it comes to them be falsified, it is not a big shocker.

• Like 2

To be fair...

1. Why does the customer/patron have a lawyer? Afaik nobody had identified who they were.

2. That is a quote from a lawyer. What the ###### were you expecting a lawyer to say on behalf of their client? That it was all true and their client is a gigantic racist? No...obviously a lawyer is going to say "No guys it's all fake, my client would never do that"

It could be fake sure, but right now the only thing we have is what the lawyer said...which is completely and utterly worthless.

Edited by -Razorfold
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, -Razorfold said:

To be fair...

1. Why does the customer/patron have a lawyer? Afaik nobody had identified who they were.

2. That is a quote from a lawyer. What the ###### were you expecting a lawyer to say on behalf of their client? That it was all true and their client is a gigantic racist? No...obviously a lawyer is going to say "No guys it's all fake, my client would never do that"

Good point, I guess I didn't realize that the quote was through a lawyer.

I guess the only way to tell for sure are through any possible CCT, if any, facing the table at the time this would have been written as well as checking the hand writing of the alleged aggressor(s) and the writing on the note for consistency.

16 minutes ago, restroom said:

I guess the only way to tell for sure are through any possible CCT, if any, facing the table at the time this would have been written as well as checking the hand writing of the alleged aggressor(s) and the writing on the note for consistency.

People are already saying that its doctored.

8 hours ago, -Razorfold said:

To be fair...

It could be fake sure, but right now the only thing we have is what the lawyer said...which is completely and utterly worthless.

1.  Libel/Slander - Defending their reputation

2.  Pictures of the real vs fake receipts: http://www.fox5dc.com/news/237917067-story

3.  Timestamp of receipt is supposedly hours after restaurant closed: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/02/26/waitress-dont-tip-black-people-note-receipt-shows-signs-possible-hoax-452814

1 hour ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

People are already saying that its doctored.

How do "people" know this? From what I read, no legal comparison has been made of the original in comparison to the authors handwriting...

It is interesting that the 0.00 looks darker than the other numbers however and it appears to be printed many hours after the café closed, which is odd.

However, ill hold out until there is confirmation either way, so as to be somewhat neutral.

Unfortunately there are many false discrimination etc. reports out there, which makes it harder to go after the real incidents.  

Back during the initial immigration order controversy a Detroit area Iranian immigrant claimed his mother couldn't get here for cancer treatments. Made all the news programs, raising a big stink. Then his Imam ratted him out: his mother had died several weeks before the order, so it was all bovine excrement.

On 2/27/2017 at 4:50 AM, -Razorfold said:

1. Why does the customer/patron have a lawyer?

I am a nobody and even I have a lawyer that I use when necessary.  If something like this happened I would certainly be calling them.

So, the lawyer representing a client says his client is innocent.

OK.

In other news water is wet.

• Like 2