This week in science - Community review

This week in science - Community review  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Have you already read any article from the "This week in science" series?

2. 2. Is a weekly review of the most interesting scientific news of the week relevant to you?

• Yes, of course!
    • Somewhat...
    • No way!
  3. 3. Are the articles from the weekly "This week in science" series relevant to you?

• Yes, of course!
    • Somewhat...
    • No way!
  4. 4. Which of the following topics should be covered more often on the series?

5. 5. From the articles published until now, which have you liked the most?

• This week in science: Coral reef bleaching returns, 3D computer chip imagery, and more
    • This week in science: Potatoes on Mars, first synthetic cell receptor, and more
    • This week in science: Prep for TRAPPIST-1 system research, supersolid state, and more
    • This week in science: The first magnetic resonance microscope, new Earth-sized planets, and more
    • This week in science: anyone can help astronomers and more search for dark matter
    • This week in science: Metallic hydrogen doubts, a holographic universe study, and more
    • This week in science: Metallic hydrogen, electricity without heating, and more

Hello, everybody!

I'm Gabriel, News Reporter here at Neowin. Because of my connection to science, I've proposed to Steven the series of weekly articles "This week in science" as a review of the most interesting scientific news of the week. Steven kindly received my proposal and I've started working on it right away.

Now, more than a month after the beginning of the project, I'd like to reach to you, readers and community members, to know what you think about the series. That's why I've created this poll and I'd love if everyone could take a minute to honestly answer it. I can guarantee your feedback is extremely important to me!

For reference, here follows the links to the articles published until now:

Thank you all in advance!

Cheers!

The following is my opinion only.

I think you are doing a fine job with these articles. The problem may be asking some of us in the science forum. Some of us are here for general chat and belong to other forums/Science sites for more indepth coverage.

Your articles are interesting and lay off the boring heavy details which can dull viewership.

My advice...Go with your heart to what you feel is really neat, cover it well without boring details and keep it to 3 topics.

You will do fine...and thank's for taking the time to bring science to the general readership.

Looking  forward to your next article.

I have taken the liberty of pinning this topic to help with feedback.

:D

• Draggendrop pinned this topic

Thank you for your kind and thorough feedback!

I'm glad to know you think the articles are really bringing science to the general readership in an easy way to follow. That is exactly the goal of this series of articles.

I like your idea of choosing only three topics to cover at once. This way the articles don't get too lengthy to read.

And thank you for pinning this topic! =]

• Like 3

I think biology, biomedicine and bionics would be informative. Many techies don't realize the biomedical and other implications of Moore's Law, GPU processing, small supercomputers such as NVIDIA's and so on. Of course I may be prejudiced, having a semi-bionic leg but still...

• Steven P. unpinned this topic